She was a Millionaire

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Emily Blunt
Embryo
Embryo

Re: She was a Millionaire

Post by Emily Blunt »

A debt of gratitude is in order for posting that. I concur, it appears as though David Parker's exploration everything except demonstrates that No Title truly dates from that irregular 4 September 1967 session. I would LOVE to hear the entire form of that track, particularly since it is an obscure Syd unique.
Vegetableman1967
Axe
Axe

Post by Vegetableman1967 »

Emily Blunt wrote:A debt of gratitude is in order for posting that. I concur, it appears as though David Parker's exploration everything except demonstrates that No Title truly dates from that irregular 4 September 1967 session. I would LOVE to hear the entire form of that track, particularly since it is an obscure Syd unique.

Yes, me too
Vegetableman1967
Axe
Axe

The tape E68411Will reveal all to us someday.
The tape has two takes of In the beechwoods, intremental (reaction in g), No title (aka sunshine etc...) and John Latham.
flippikat
Axe
Axe

Post by flippikat »

I think that's why the Early Years box set was so frustrating.

There were great things there, but there are other session or rehearsal tapes that we all know exist.. yet they weren't included.

Some of them from that weird twilight of Syd's time in Pink Floyd (late 1967-early 1968) - it's bizarre that something as non-commercial as John Latham was released, yet other instrumental tracks are still on the shelves.
Vegetableman1967
Axe
Axe

They can release all the instrumentals of late '67 and early '68. Or She was a millionaire (It exist in somewhere) or millionaire and living alone, sessions of early '68 from saucerful, live in 1968 they play Remember a day and the outtakes of More (true outtakes). All of this is in high demand. If someone relacionated of Pink Floyd (who has outtakes previusly unreleased in bootlegs) please contact with me.
Vegetableman1967
Axe
Axe

David Parker in His book: Random Precision, wrote the track "no title (aka sunshine)" lasts 4:32. Well, Malcolm Jones says "sunshine" was the demo of remember a day and this song lasts the same of the other, but they have nothing to see.
Vegetableman1967
Axe
Axe

Today, this morning listening to "one in a million" and after "No Title (sunshine)". I thought, No Title can be an attemp of One In A Million. Because the No Title (backing track) was recorded between 15-16 august 1967 to 6 september 1967 and One In A Million was played the 13th of September 1967.
But exactly What is this track? I only know, were recorded 2 takes (finished) , 1 false start and 4 takes were abandoned in the 4th of September 1967. Only the take 7 were complete for have a vocal "overdub". The lasts of the complete track is between 4' and 5'. The backward guitar is from other song. And the name "Sunshine" (I dont know why it called) is from other unreleased section of a track "Matilda Mother" but it is not the same. It can be the backing track of She was a millionaire because Peter Jenner possibly
transfer the backing track of this song from 4 track for 8 track in this date. And She was a millionaire was chasing the group from 1967 to 1970. In 1967 was recorded the original song, in 1969 was recorded Opel, The Crying song and a second version of She was a millionaire and in 1970 was recorded Millionaire and give birth to a smile. That's all friends
Vegetableman1967
Axe
Axe

Nick Mason has a copy!!!!!
sashwap
Embryo
Embryo

Post by sashwap »

Vegetableman1967 wrote:Nick Mason has a copy!!!!!
oh??
Vegetableman1967
Axe
Axe

sashwap wrote:
Vegetableman1967 wrote:Nick Mason has a copy!!!!!
oh??
A few month, I read an article of an interview of Nick Mason. And he said: I've got a box full of tapes between 1965 to 1968 from all the pink floyd's sessions" (include she was a millionaire). Probably Norman Smith has a copy too.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Vegetableman1967 wrote:A few month, I read an article of an interview of Nick Mason. And he said: I've got a box full of tapes between 1965 to 1968 from all the pink floyd's sessions" (include she was a millionaire). Probably Norman Smith has a copy too.
Which interview? Do you have a link?
As far as I know, the Pink Floyd version of 'She Was a Millionaire' (1967) wasn't mixed. And the multitrack tape is lost.
The multitrack of Barrett's version (1970) does exist, but it contains a big mistake and doesn't have vocals.
My source is the book 'Random Precision' (2001) by David Parker.
Vegetableman1967
Axe
Axe

Wolfpack wrote:
Vegetableman1967 wrote:A few month, I read an article of an interview of Nick Mason. And he said: I've got a box full of tapes between 1965 to 1968 from all the pink floyd's sessions" (include she was a millionaire). Probably Norman Smith has a copy too.
Which interview? Do you have a link?
As far as I know, the Pink Floyd version of 'She Was a Millionaire' (1967) wasn't mixed. And the multitrack tape is lost.
The multitrack of Barrett's version (1970) does exist, but it contains a big mistake and doesn't have vocals.
My source is the book 'Random Precision' (2001) by David Parker.
She was a millionaire was mixed and finished but the members of the band lost the multitrack recording, and Nick and Peter Jenner took a copy of the song.
hallucalation
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hallucalation »

Vegetableman1967 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:09 pm
She was a millionaire was mixed and finished but the members of the band lost the multitrack recording, and Nick and Peter Jenner took a copy of the song.
Both wrong. Absolute speculation. EMI wasn't given out copy tapes of their songs to drummers of unknown (then) bands. Besides it was even unmixed. The rumours of Mason "vast collection" is blown out of any proportion. As evidenced by shitty content of Early Years