Syd Barrett Trust New Website

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Syd Barrett Trust New Website

Post by Keith Jordan »

Visit the site >> http://www.syd-barrett-trust.org.uk/

NPF News >> http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... e-revealed

Share feedback on the site >> https://escapeartists.wufoo.com/forms/t ... back-form/

The Syd Barrett Trust registered charity now has a new website which is due to go "live" in the coming weeks. You can view it here, but note it is still in development.
About The Trust

The Syd Barrett Trust was set up in 2008 by Syd's sister, Rosemary Breen, with the support of Escape Artists, a charity with its roots in Cambridge that has been working in the mental health sector since 2000. The Trust exists to raise funds for arts projects in the mental health sector; extending to other individuals the enjoyment and benefits that Syd found in the arts.

Initial funding for the Trust has come from an auction of Syd Barrett's belongings (see 'Origins of the Trust' item below) and further funds have been generated through a series of high profile events linked to the City Wakes project. Future funding for the Syd Barrett Trust will be developed through projects, sales and fund-raising campaigns that will all be accessible from this website.
Words from Rosemary Breen on The Syd Barrett Trust

Rosemary Breen - Syd Barrett's Sister

Rosemary Breen - Syd Barrett's Sister
I am thrilled to be involved in this project.

Syd, my brother, was someone for whom creativity was as necessary as breathing. His music and painting were such an integral part of his being, that without them he couldn’t function.

Because I recognise how important music and painting were to Syd, I want to help other people, who can benefit in the same way from the arts as he did, by providing opportunities for active involvement in the creative process. Syd would be really pleased to know that money raised from the auction of his things was being used for this purpose.

I hope that you will join me in supporting this project. It goes beyond simply supporting a small number of disadvantaged people – it’s about improving the quality of life for everyone…

It’s what Syd would have wanted.

Rosemary Breen, Syd’s sister and Director of The Syd Barrett Trust

Source - [ Escape Artists ]
theshockofthenew
Blade
Blade

Re: Syd Barrett Trust New Website

Post by theshockofthenew »

That's cool! Thanks for sharing!

It's funny though, there seems to be quite a few "official" Barrett related sites popping up lately. Don't get me wrong, I think its long overdue exposure for him, it just seems like there's a bit of a Barrett renaissance going on at the moment.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Syd Barrett Trust New Website

Post by snifferdog »

It's nice that Syd's sister is involved in the official projects. Perhaps now that Syd is dead and can't be hurt by anyone anymore, it's OK to do these things. I like that they're trying to promote the talented, creative side of Syd rather than draw attention to the seamier side of things.