info on Syd picture

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
30yrsydfan
Axe
Axe

info on Syd picture

Post by 30yrsydfan »

Can anyone give me some information on this photo of Syd, where taken, when etc?
Thank You.

30yrsydfan
Axe
Axe

Re: info on Syd picture

Post by 30yrsydfan »

Any info on this one too would be appreciated.

karmania
Axe
Axe

Post by karmania »

Top one is the Games For May Rehearsal. 12th May 1967
Photographer Nick Hale - Getty Images holds the rights and they are from the Hulton Archive.
I had this image much bigger somewhere, try to post as I've lost 2 hard drives in last few years and PHOTOGRAPHS are not as easy to find once lost!
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Searc ... ames%20may (About a dozen photos from this rehearsal)
OKAY found image but it's a different shot but just a little bigger than most!
http://o.aolcdn.com/feedgallery/music/i ... 082707.jpg (EVEN BIGGER)
I've always wondered who is standing between Roger and Nick - Peter Wynne-Wilson perhaps??

Image different scan of same photo above. Thanks Tor

The other photo appears to be from FAB 208 Magazine 13th Jan 1968 - The top photo is from that mag - It was stated that the BORN PSYCHEDELIC is the related article,

the photo could be Blackpool 25th November 1967 according to one fan (simond).
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Looks like they didn't sell so many tickets to that gig!
karmania
Axe
Axe

Post by karmania »

Cake photo suggested by Simond to be same day as Hendrix Tour as Simond remembers they wore the same clothes but Syd was wearing Nick's Hat.

Apparently was a smallish Gig at Opera House with 20 mins for Floyd - Stethoscope, Set The Controls and Interstellar Overdrive...

From another site

Simond says
"
Thanks for the scan - that's the one I remember.

No, my memory's not that good. It's just that I remember seeing this photograph shortly after the show and realising that they had on the exact same clothes as at the show (except the hat was on Syd). I also wrote down what they played in a diary so I know that's the set list for the early show. They played for about 20 minutes. Because there were so many bands on the show, the stage was cluttered with amps and drum kits (they didn't take them down after each band, apart from just before Hendrix). Before the Floyd came on they draped a white sheet over all the amp stacks so the light show would look better. Hendrix played for about an hour. I definitely chose the right show to go to because I read in the local paper the next day that, after 10 minutes of the late show, Hendrix walked off stage saying "this ain't my scene, man").

After the show we walked into town for a drink. We came across a Ford Transit van parked nearby with Floyd graffiti written into the dust on the sides and back. Looking in, there was Rick sitting in the passenger seat. We stopped for a quick chat and got his autograph. None of the others were around.

That was the only time I saw them with Syd but my son can't believe I actually saw Hendrix.
"

GroovingPict says
"Ok, found it. It's the 13th January 1968 issue and the headline above the picture reads Happy Birthday to Us. Inside it says the photo was taken by Peter Pugh-Cook, and that the cake was kindly given by J. Goldring & Sons. So I guess the picture was done for the magazine.
The article inside is headlined Born Psychedelic, and I think Ive seen scans of it in various places before. It's about Nick and Syd having their birthday this month, the same as the magazine. Written by Sally Cork. There's also an uncredited picture of Nick and Syd, from earlier in '67 (Syd has shorter hair, Nick doesnt have a moustache."

Bedtime for me - Goodnight/morning
30yrsydfan
Axe
Axe

Post by 30yrsydfan »

Thanks for all the info. I enjoy learning new stuff about Syd, i knew you all would be the place to go!
Raglani
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Raglani »

According to the Miles book "Early Pink Floyd" the Birthday cake photo's are of Syd's 22nd Birthday....
For Fabulous 208 Magazine January 1968.
I've only seen one photo of the Games For May concert (not the rehearsals) are there others out there?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Those cake and booze pictures... PARTY :D !!!!!!
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

moom wrote:Those cake and booze pictures... PARTY :D !!!!!!
Lol that would be a cool party. Maybe get Roger Waters really drunk, get him to talk about his father and get all that stuff out his system and watch the history of Pink Floyd go a different direction.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

my breakfast. wrote:
moom wrote:Those cake and booze pictures... PARTY :D !!!!!!
Lol that would be a cool party. Maybe get Roger Waters really drunk, get him to talk about his father and get all that stuff out his system and watch the history of Pink Floyd go a different direction.
Looks like Roger's very upbeat already :lol:
floyd_beatles_95
Hammer
Hammer

Post by floyd_beatles_95 »

moom wrote: Looks like Roger's very upbeat already :lol:
No kidding! :lol:
DaleFederle
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DaleFederle »

my breakfast. wrote:Looks like Roger's enjoying his Noocube results and is very upbeat already :lol:
Ha ha. That's what I was thinking.