Well, here it is...the See Emily Play video from TOTP

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Mr Kite
Embryo
Embryo

Well, here it is...the See Emily Play video from TOTP

Post by Mr Kite »

I didn't think I'd ever actually get to see this. For me...a high degree of mesmerism going on here - even with the serious technical video difficulties.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsOG1AF8Ekc
(Apologies if this has been posted before.)
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Re: Well, here it is...the See Emily Play video from TOTP

Post by Meandthem »

What difficulties?
:lol:
Mr Kite
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Mr Kite »

Yeah, well if that doesn't do it for you then you most definitely are not on the right forum.
What a talent. Extraordinary.
Sure, it's a great pity that talent was not able to express itself long form - but never-the-less...what exactly is it you wish from your mesmericists? You'd be better put to search out your own dormant stellar tendencies I'd say.
We all dream about touching some distant star and perhaps even bringing it back to the terrestrial realm (just for a moment) but how many actually do? From that point of view our not so terrestrial narrator exceeded all but the merest sliver. Think that's not the case?
Think again.
Don't dream about that sort of thing?
A pity...give it a try. (But keep an eye on who's mixing up your afternoon tea)
So he didn't get to ride out a long career. Was that that important? Yeah, there were many flights and flares which were ready to be launched into the stratosphere, but never-the-less...let's not discount what actually DID occur.
Good luck finding more exquisite audio renderings than this young man gave us.
Out of all the people that have lived did anybody else even come close at that age?
Feel free to point out works which exceeded Syds at that age. If you can point out works which exceeded his at that point then I'd be delighted to have a look!
Cheers!
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Yup, Syd taught me that the idea of living a drawn out, calculated and success-guaranteed life is far too rigid and boring, sometimes it pays to be free and dynamic.

I like the TOTP version, but the original studio version is pretty much THE version.
flippikat
Axe
Axe

Post by flippikat »

Hmm.. is it just me, or is the quality of this better than the other copy of this appearance that's been on Youtube for a while now?