The Twilight World OF...

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
BBCPeter
Embryo
Embryo

The Twilight World OF...

Post by BBCPeter »

Hi

I've been working at BBC Radio 4 on getting some music documentaries from the archive online and thought you might like to know that 'The Twilight World of Syd Barrett' is now available to listen to or download. Start here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011plrs

The download link is on the bottom right of the page.

The programme features one of the last recorded interviews with Rick Wright, appearances from Peter Jenner, David Gilmour and Nick Mason. There's also a rare chance to hear Syd's sister Rosemary talking about his life after his return to Cambridge. Hope you enjoy it.

best

Peter
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Twilight World OF...

Post by Keith Jordan »

Thanks Peter, great idea getting them to dig in those vaults. I wonder what else they have in there.... 8)
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Thanks Peter - I'm listening now :D
Luvelle Raevan
Axe
Axe

Post by Luvelle Raevan »

Peter, thank you. The link still works and I just listened to the documentary, really thought it was very informative hearing from people who were close to Syd. I agree he had a fascinating mind...and he pushed it over the edge of no return, basically with too many drugs it seems, especially lsd.

But I'd like to say many people we consider to be "normal" act in seriously irresponsible ways - as an animal rights activist and environmentalist I find many "acceptable" practices to be very bizarre and scary in our world's reality. Syd was an artist first and foremost.