Pink Floyd- Soundtrack from the Film More

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
12%
41%
26%
16%
1 - Worst
5%

Total votes: 74

jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Pink Floyd- Soundtrack from the Film More

Post by jtull » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:56 am

I think you're right Wolf. I listened to the film version few times, and I agree it must be Gilmour. It's just alternate vocals he uses.

Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Post by Phantom Turnip » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:04 pm

I've never seen the film, is there a good place to watch it in its entirety online? I feel like hunting down a physical copy would be more work than it's worth, and I'm curious as to how the songs work in context. I also haven't heard the unreleased tracks either, like "Seabirds".

Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:59 pm

I wish they would release a 'complete' version of More, with the original recordings of Seabirds and Hollywood included, without all the movie dialogue. And any other music that might have been recorded for those sessions that we haven't heard about. That would be a dream come true for me. Sadly, since they haven't done it by this point, they probably won't. I will probably have to be content with the superb remaster of the original album that came out in 2011. At least they put a good effort into that, because it really improved the album, got rid of the muddy sound and really brought it to life. :) But no Seabirds or Hollywood. :(

Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Post by Phantom Turnip » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Massed Gadgets wrote:I wish they would release a 'complete' version of More, with the original recordings of Seabirds and Hollywood included, without all the movie dialogue. And any other music that might have been recorded for those sessions that we haven't heard about. That would be a dream come true for me. Sadly, since they haven't done it by this point, they probably won't. I will probably have to be content with the superb remaster of the original album that came out in 2011. At least they put a good effort into that, because it really improved the album, got rid of the muddy sound and really brought it to life. :) But no Seabirds or Hollywood. :(
Are there any high quality recordings of those songs out there?

Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:47 pm

None that I'm aware of. The only versions out there are taken directly from the movie and have dialogue going on throughout them, as they play in the background.

Vegetable Layne
Axe
Axe

Post by Vegetable Layne » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Both songs are very much part of The Early Years box set. So, guess the answer was there all along.

But where should they be placed? In the album proper, I mean?