Richard Wright (Zee) - Identity

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
15%
5%
10%
15%
1 - Worst
56%

Total votes: 41

RWW
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Richard Wright (Zee) - Identity

Post by RWW »

I think your ALL being harsh and HARD...

I bought the album on vynil a long time ago but never played it... I did though, converted ALL the You tube videos to MP3's useing an on line converter... and stuck it on my MP3 player and listend to it, and forced my self to listen to it.. I must say there are a few songs I like very much, cuts like a diamond being one of them and its kept now and listend to frequently..

I was then lucky to actually find the 7" single Eyes of a Gypsy on ebay and I was the only bidder, so Ive got the album and the 7" single. Ive not yet listened to the single though.. as Ive not a decent record player to put it on just at the moment...

I also find Wet Dream a Brilliant album!
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

Does anyone know if this album was officially put on CD (I think there's a bootleg of this on CD out there), and pressed in the US, or just UK? There is a copy I came across for like $10, just don't want to be tricked by a bootleg.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

TheFloydian1 wrote:Does anyone know if this album was officially put on CD (I think there's a bootleg of this on CD out there), and pressed in the US, or just UK? There is a copy I came across for like $10, just don't want to be tricked by a bootleg.
Yes. But good luck finding it, I guess.

http://www.discogs.com/Zee-Identity/master/43680

For some reason RateYourMusic lists a different label for the CD release.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/zee/identity/
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

TheFloydian1 wrote:Does anyone know if this album was officially put on CD (I think there's a bootleg of this on CD out there), and pressed in the US, or just UK? There is a copy I came across for like $10, just don't want to be tricked by a bootleg.
I think every copy was lost down a deep mine as that is the best place for this
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

drafsack wrote:
I think every copy was lost down a deep mine as that is the best place for this
But then again, despite its lack of artistic legacy, it's an item so rare it's interesting actually acquiring it. Like a moose-head - you don't really need it, but you put it on your wall and show-off.
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

moom wrote:
Yes. But good luck finding it, I guess.

http://www.discogs.com/Zee-Identity/master/43680

For some reason RateYourMusic lists a different label for the CD release.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/zee/identity/
So, it was pressed, but just by the looks of those sites, it was never pressed here in the US?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

I guess so :(
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I downloaded it for free some while back and still feel I paid too much for it.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Stephen wrote:I downloaded it for free some while back and still feel I paid too much for it.
:lol:
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I finally found a copy on vinyl
so now Ive got the vinyl which is impossible to find and the cd which supposedly doesnt exist
strangely enough the vinyl sounds like its never been played! whoda thunk?

yall dont like it just because you dont have a copy and now I have two, nyah nyah
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

J Ed wrote:so now Ive got the vinyl which is impossible to find and the cd which supposedly doesnt exist
I have had those types of dreams too, then it all starts crumbling apart :lol:

Once I dreamt that I had in my hands a new post-Division Bell Pink Floyd album, the strangest thing is that I could actually listen to the music, and it was good! Too bad one can't record the music and images of your dreams, because it was new music indeed. I have also heard new music by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, which is strange since I really don't like them that much. The mind is a powerful thing, wish I knew how to tap that creativity source directly. Anyway, non related jibber jabber from my part.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

I know it's just a matter of opinion, but can all the guys who voted it a 3 and above come out of their haunts and explain why they felt it was so good? Because I feel like I lost some of the vitality of my ears after listening to that record. And I don't want to listen to it again - one time was too much for me.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

In my case I honestly like the retrofuturistic sound and overall 80ness of the Fairlight synth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtjbB_JEiJc
Drakul
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Drakul »

Well, I like that album...

I think most people rate it as shit because they tend to listen to it as a Prog Rock album, or whatever alike, but the case is, its just another pop/ new romantic album...
Its not good if you come from that point, but, if you're into 80s New Wave/ N. R./ Pop, you're gonna find its good, or at least, audible...

And like said above, his keyboard playing is good... But the thing is that Harris plays keyboards too, so we dont know at which extent his contribution to the playing part was significant...

Well, Wright was going through a complex time, so, I would not blame him... He was re-finding his place...

He regrets this album, he said he did have his insatisfactions with The Division Bell too... But I dont see it as a mistake...

I give it, considering it in the proper genre, 7/10...
=)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Drakul wrote:Well, I like that album...

I think most people rate it as shit because they tend to listen to it as a Prog Rock album, or whatever alike, but the case is, its just another pop/ new romantic album...
Its not good if you come from that point, but, if you're into 80s New Wave/ N. R./ Pop, you're gonna find its good, or at least, audible...

And like said above, his keyboard playing is good... But the thing is that Harris plays keyboards too, so we dont know at which extent his contribution to the playing part was significant...

Well, Wright was going through a complex time, so, I would not blame him... He was re-finding his place...

He regrets this album, he said he did have his insatisfactions with The Division Bell too... But I dont see it as a mistake...

I give it, considering it in the proper genre, 7/10...
=)
Its a cold album and I think Harris sought out Rick as a means of getting his music heard - after all who would willingly buy and listen to a Fashion album but most Floyd nuts would buy it because of Rick. The credits speak volumes - lead vocals Harris, Lyrics Harris, Cover art Harris