Roger Waters - Amused To Death

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
53%
24%
12%
5%
1 - Worst
6%

Total votes: 97

FreeFour
Blade
Blade

Re: Roger Waters - Amused To Death

Post by FreeFour » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 am

5/5 on the grounds that a) it's brilliant and b) it is not KAOS Part II

FreeFour
Blade
Blade

Post by FreeFour » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Added a subwoofer to my Sonos system over the weekend and thought I'd listen to Amused To Death.

Always ranked as one of my favourites and I have to say its probably been well over ten years since I'd properly just sat and listened to it all the way through.

It's still a weighty old thing and no mistaking its a Roger Waters album....and I still absolutely adore it.

PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Going OT I know, but I have to ask: How do you rate the sub-woofer - is it worth it?

Morty
Axe
Axe

Post by Morty » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:05 pm

I would rate this a four. It has its ups and downs. I think Waters might be a bit to on the nose sometimes, and it can easy become a bit comical in its over use of sound effects. But yeah, it has some very strong songs. But not my favorite Waters album.

Djgilmour
Axe
Axe

Post by Djgilmour » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:23 pm

This album is such a brilliant album.
Released almost 25 years ago. Remember seeing it in the record store on its release day and I was shocked that it was there, did not know that he was gonna release it.
Played it from day one every day for many months in a row and I was pissed that he did not tour, the greedy bastard ( he lost money on the Radio KAOS tour in the US so he cancelled his European KAOS tour).

There are only two really crap songs on it, they should be buried deep into a big black hole.
Can you guess which two songs are crap?
Jacek wrote:Can't say I care much for the two Late Home Tonights
Hudini wrote:I can still listen to it without getting bored. Apart from "Late Home Tonight", that is. Never liked that song (or songs if you will).
Idisaffect wrote: Late home tonight has 2 parts. Some of those lyrics are Waters worst. I'll refrain from repeating them. YAWN.
David Smith wrote: Late Home Tonight doesn't really do anything for me
Hudini wrote:I gave it 4 just because I can't stand "Late Home Tonight". The rest of it simply brilliant.