Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
17%
27%
33%
13%
1 - Worst
10%

Total votes: 30

Vincenzo Coccotti
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder

Post by Vincenzo Coccotti » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:04 pm

J Ed wrote:Ive never owned this album in any shape or form
Ive got the same issues as I do with PULSE, the performances are too sterile and too close to the studio originals to qualify as a decent live album
Ive posted further thoughts on this album (and its video counterpart) on the MLoR thread
but I did see them on this tour, two nights in a row, so the official live album release can never live up to my memories anyway

as with PULSE, I think the outofprint VHS concert video is more essential, as the thing they could give us in concert you cant get on your hifi at home is that legendary visual experience
fortunately there is a welldistributed slicklooking pirate dvd of the old VHS video currently available in respectable mainstream stores, its kind of cool to compare and contrast with the more posterity-minded PULSE
Too close to the studio originals? Really? Have you even listened to this live album? On the Turning Away is about two minutes longer than the original and has a much better guitar solo here. I can say the same thing about Comfortably Numb. All the Momentary tracks have a beautiful live mood on this album, which makes them sound an awful lot better than the studio originals, where they have this distinctive eighties feel all over them.

I can't tell you how much I disagree with you here. But I guess we are all entitled to our opinions.

Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:52 am

Vincenzo Coccotti wrote:All the Momentary tracks have a beautiful live mood on this album, which makes them sound an awful lot better than the studio originals
Agreed about, there is a world of difference between Sorrow live and studio, especially.

Jimi Dean Barrett
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:52 am

Repeated on Sky Arts at 9:00pm on 02/07/2016.

moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:13 am

Was so excited when this was released. To re-live those concerts at the time was so wonderful. I was SOOOOO into it all back then.
Much prefer this over 'Pulse' as this was the more polished record. Overdubs galore in the studio?

moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:13 am

Was so excited when this was released. To re-live those concerts at the time was so wonderful. I was SOOOOO into it all back then.
Much prefer this over 'Pulse' as this was the more polished record. Overdubs galore in the studio?