COVID19

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: COVID19

Post by flashback »

The USA said yesterday deaths could be between 100,000 and 250,000.I think that's their best case if everything goes well,bet it gets worse than that.It's time to practice Earnhart's Law-lead follow or get the hell out of the way.
Paradise9669
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Paradise9669 »

Yes we need to be cautious and do our own part how we see fit. It's sad what is going on and I hope to see it end sooner rather than later. Only time will tell.

I miss my family and my friends. I think listening to some Floyd will help set all our minds at ease.

Have a great Easter weekend everyone and stay safe!

Steve
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

It would be quite interesting to know if there has been a spike in forum activity recently.

It looks as if there has been, and if so, then one must inevitably conclude that NPF was the cause of the global pandemic.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

From around the end of March, visitors to the forum alone are up 126% as of last week.

Seems like people still do love the NPF but are generally too busy in life to enjoy it.
forum-users.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
henno

Post by henno »

Probably a fair comment Keith.

I think with covid some people have taken a step back from their busy lives and taken stock of the more important things in life.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Interesting stats Keith.

Some posters are mentioning Mr Trump. I have always been a tentative Trump supporter mainly for the fact many people hate him but his conduct during this pandemic has been appalling. What turned it for me was that crazy episode where he was waffling on about injecting bleach or whatever it was as some kind of defence...and then his PR team said it was 'sarcasm'! Excuse me but you don't use sarcasm concerning a virus that's killing people by the thousands. Absolutely F******* ridiculous.

The documentary on Trump that's on Netflix is rather revealing.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Not seem the Trump Netflix documentary, I shall brave it and watch.

Suggesting people put bleach inside themselves is irresponsible. There are a lot of vulnerable people with learning difficulties, or children might be watching and afraid of corona, and so ingest it. Very foolish and odd man.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Keith Jordan wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:37 am Not seem the Trump Netflix documentary, I shall brave it and watch.

Suggesting people put bleach inside themselves is irresponsible. There are a lot of vulnerable people with learning difficulties, or children might be watching and afraid of corona, and so ingest it. Very foolish and odd man.
Absolutely.

The Netflix documentary from memory is in three parts. Well worth it if only to understand his rise up the ladder, how he operates and hearing just what those who have had dealings with him in the past have to say on his character.
One of the most interesting points I found from this is no one seems to know exactly what he stands for. Himself is my guess.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Great Pink Floyd Face Mask 8)

snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

How are people finding wearing face masks? They seem to have unleashed the inner conspiracy theorist in some people and made some folk very angry.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

snifferdog wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:46 pm How are people finding wearing face masks? They seem to have unleashed the inner conspiracy theorist in some people and made some folk very angry.
Can't get on public transport without them. Not that I hardly went out. But I see what you mean about conspiracy gubbins. People I thought were balanced seem to share any old crap from right wing blogs etc.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I try to wear masks when out. It's tricky cycling up large hills with a reusable mask on, so I pull it down then. Pull it down for eating, drinking, and getting covid-19 tests. Otherwise, it stays on.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Annoying Twit wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:15 pmPull it down for eating, drinking
Me too, else things get messy.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

PooF wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:27 pm
Annoying Twit wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:15 pmPull it down for eating, drinking
Me too, else things get messy.
An Iranian person I know posted this to their FB.
97777520_3415252378508796_4269793676634357760_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

snifferdog wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:46 pm How are people finding wearing face masks? They seem to have unleashed the inner conspiracy theorist in some people and made some folk very angry.
People (unsurprisingly) are so distrustful of governments or those in authority. I guess one can't be too surprised about the scepticism and anger.
I do however fell rather angry at those people who invade your space in supermarkets, (although the wife does the shopping now) or the kids (covid crew) that simply ignore 'social distancing'.
I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in most youngsters even bothering with the advice to stop the spread of the virus.
I noticed the kids streaming back to school this week, maybe one or two had masks on out of a hundred or so. They all seemed to mix the same way as they did before walking along.
The vulnerable parents must worry themselves at the thought of their children bringing the virus back home with them.

As for wearing the masks on a personal level, I have no issue with it when it's needed. It's all about personal responsibility for me. They certainly itch your nose though!