smoking,,....anybody tried to give up?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: smoking,,....anybody tried to give up?

Post by ddebil »

Breathing 'coach' fumes are just as bad as those from a bus.

:lol:

Nah....that's seriously good, Keith! [-D-]
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Keith Jordan wrote:I have been a non-smoker for 1 year 1 month. Here are some tips/ideas.

1. Give up cold turkey. Nicotine addiction ends after 48 hours so don't use nicotine patches and gum as they reinforce the addiction not stop it!

2. The physical habit lasts about 30 days. Imagine inhaling the fumes from a bus during your cravings for these 30 days.

3. You will have "associations" for many months. I used to smoke as soon as I got in my car or when drinking. Over time, these associations will cease.

4. Do NOT replace the physical habit of smoking with another habit like chewing gum or some crap. BEAT the addiction, don't reinforce the addiction!

You are not missing out on anything whilst not smoking. You are gaining a great deal.

8)

Good post Keith!! [-D-]

1. Cold Turkey is the only way I would even attempt it. In fact, over a decade ago, my doctor told me he could prescribe me many things, but that they are useless compared to just quiting.

2. I did not know that...btw, I did inhale the fumes from a bus yesterday...evil bus!!! ](*,)

3. I am already drinking less coffee for some reason.

4. Hmmmm, I have been chewing more gum recently. I will have to think about this one.
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

I agree with you guys, it was an excellent post by Keith all the way.