do you believe in God

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!

do your believe in God?

yes
46%
no
54%

Total votes: 76

princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

do you believe in God

Post by princessDungan74D »

Hey you,
do you believe in God. I do. I go to church and I pray.
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

I'd have to answer in the negative here.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

I?d like Chief Seattle's Reply
Stween
Axe
Axe

Post by Stween »

Personally? No, I don't. I firmly believe that we're on this rock by chance, that there's no divine being, and that when we cease to be, that's it. Over. Nothing more.

But I'm 100% comfortable with that? Why? Because I'm not old yet, and I'll never feel old. Life's a collage of experiences, and for so long as I'll be able to look back on things and be happy with everything I've done, I'll be pretty content.

But hey, it's all about choice, right? Choosing religion is another life experience. A valid one at that, even if it's one I disagree with.
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

zag wrote:I?d like Chief Seattle's Reply
eh?
henno

Post by henno »

i believe that I am a god, does that count?
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Yes. I believe in God. I believe we all have a purpose to be here on Earth and that purpose is to recieve a body and to learn how to discern between right and wrong.

I'm Mormon and we believe that families can be together forever and that once you die it is not the end. You have "spirit" children in the next life and you continually progress until you become a God yourself. :shock: You eventually (after eons and eons I'm sure) get to where you can control all matter and you can make worlds and such. I know that's deep and that it blows most people's minds, but it just makes sense to me that God did not always exist in the state he is in right now. He had to learn and be tested just like me. We believe there are many Gods, but that we are children of just one God, the only one we worship. He created a world and sent us "spirit" children down to it to recieve a body and be tested. If we are found worthy, we will live with him again and be given the opportunity to know all he knows. Someday, if I'm found worthy, I can learn all God has learned and I will become a God and do the same.

If I found out there was no God and that there was no purpose to why I am here, but that I am here merely by chance, I would do things alot differently. I love sex way too much and that's probably all I would do if there were no inhibitions and such. All sense of what's good and bad would be man made and, thus, have no bearing on the way I live.

Just my two cents. :lol:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

no i don?t believe in god
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I see no place for God in any explanation of how we got here, how the world came to be, why bad things happen to good people, or what should I do next
trying to force God into explanations just overcomplicates them, which is bad reasoning
some folks however prefer an omniscient being to take responsibility for all of lifes messiness, reasoning be damned
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

J Ed wrote:some folks however prefer an omniscient being to take responsibility for all of lifes messiness, reasoning be damned
These folks don't understand what God is about, if you ask me.

God isn't here to take responsibility for life's messiness, or to make bad things happen to good people or to tell you what you should do next (that is, unless you ask Him, of course.)

I believe in God...I always have. Even at my most "atheistic," I believed in a supreme being of some sort...even if it was simply a "mass conciousness" (which actually would have been my worst nightmare given my relentless individuality.)

I don't cling to God because I need comfort that life exists beyond this mortal parenthesis...after all, if I believe in God, I obviously believe in the possibility of being cast out of His Presence for all eternity...so, there's still every possibility for me to screw it up.

I don't believe that life on this planet simply chanced itself into existence. I think that if that were the case, it would be happening a lot more frequently.

I'm curious to know how many people who DO believe that life on this planet "just happened by chance" also hold the dictum that "you cannot get something from nothing," and how they manage to justify the contradiction in their minds.

The same people who believe that things remain inert until acted upon by an outside force also believe that life just sort of spontaneously happened without being acted upon by an outside force.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

When I look into my wife and children's eyes I do believe, yes. When I read the paper and watch TV I do not...
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

No God, no purpose, just a big random existence :D.
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

If ther is something that controls everything, is he even councious?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

To blame the "miseries" of the world on God is to misunderstand God's relationship with the world.

God is not Superman. He's not going to foil bank robberies or rapes or child murders...He's not going to prevent a bus from going over a cliff or a tsunami from wiping out a third world nation.

"God is NOT an environmentalist."
--Kurt Vonnegut

It is not God's mission in life to make our lives easy...it is not His mission to protect us from the harms life has to offer...particularly not the things that we end up bringing down upon our own heads.

WHICHEVER God you believe in, I assure you that if you check your Holy Book (whatever it is,) you will find that God does not exist for your convenience...YOU exist for His.
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

I am not sure i mean we can just be here by chance but there is too much evil and suffering in the world.

Then if there is a God he created suffering to give us a chance to know what is good and bad.

But God would not want war, children dieing etc

All i know is God did not watch over me when my sister died :cry: