Do cohabiting couples need more legal rights?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Do cohabiting couples need more legal rights?

Post by PooF »

who exactly is asking for rights here? Is society asking for the right to include cohabiting couples, or are cohabiting couples asking to be included in society? It's not black and white, I'm sure. Society, please declare your credentials. < what a silly thing to say :oops:
Last edited by PooF on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

Syd'sSexy wrote:Hmmmm....polygamy. Not such a bad idea! :lol: :twisted:

**gets coat**
I always need new additions to my harem...
belleshun08
Embryo
Embryo

Post by belleshun08 »

This topic is quite interesting! Well, I believe that you will have a fewer rights if you're living together than if you're married. However, Public Notary Claudia do Nascimento Domingues of Sao Paulo, Brazil, has made a landmark decision that could continue to redefine family and marriage. She authorized the ********************* of three people, two women and a male. Let the conventional salvos come.

EDITED BY ADMIN - No posting links on your first post please, please see forum rules.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

In answer to the question, yes they do. It is none of the damn business of either the church or the state as to how I and my partner chose to define our relationship. The church's long history makes it seem a bit manky in this regard; they probably would want to label us 'prime breeding material' or suchlike, and their obsession with sex and sexuality is deeply unhealthy at the best of times. Secondly, in the traditional sense, marriage is the shifting of property ownership from the bride's father to the groom. Fuck that. Secondly, the state doesn't need to know about my relationship(s) either, and any incentive to get 'prime breeding material' into bed via tax breaks or whatever is also wholly unhealthy and questionable.