US elections

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
cRaB
Knife
Knife

US elections

Post by cRaB »

Democrats or Republicans, Hillary or Obama, Giuliani, Huckabee, Romney or McCain?

Please, american (and non american) friends, discuss!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: US elections

Post by Damn!t »

No way a black guy is gonna be a president of US.
My guess is Hillary or Giuliani.
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

How far away are these elections?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

4th November 2008. There's a long way to go yet. I don't know if Americans are ready to vote a black man or a woman into office yet so perhaps we'll be seeing another Republican president.
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

Wow, and the campaigning is beginning now? How very annoying for you guys! :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I have a feeling McCain might be the one for some reason - just a gut feeling, not based on any sound reasoning and not even somebody I nesessarily want to be president of the USA (my real choice for that would be Keith Jordan, but alas, he is not a citizen...maybe Mossy :lol: )
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

kingfisher_flashing wrote:Wow, and the campaigning is beginning now? How very annoying for you guys! :lol:
i only wish that the campaigning was just now beginning. candidates started to announce they were running early 2007! i think most of us are pretty tired of it already.
Damn!t wrote:No way a black guy is gonna be a president of US.
i disagree. if it's not obama, then it'll be someone else in the future. there are certainly some "redneck" types that would never vote for someone who was black, or a woman, or a jew. fortunately, i think those people are in the minority. of course, i'm from california. we're fairly progressive out here. a lot of us are ready to vote for a black jewish woman if she was the right person.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If either Hillary OR Obama wins, they'll never make it through the oath of office. There are still enough backwards redneck types in this country who would have such a hard on to be the guy who killed the first woman president or the first black president that their assassinations would be assured.

As for my personal political leanings...anyone who hasn't yet figured out that I'm a principled anarchist needs to re-read my posts :lol: :lol:

Republican, Democrat...it doesn't matter. As Bill Hicks didn't quite say, it doesn't matter WHICH puppet you vote for, it's still the same guy pulling the strings.

Besides...I think the 2000 election proved that it doesn't matter who you vote for, the person who's going to win is the guy the puppet masters want to win.

So...why even bother?
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

mosespa wrote: If either Hillary OR Obama wins, they'll never make it through the oath of office. There are still enough backwards redneck types in this country who would have such a hard on to be the guy who killed the first woman president or the first black president that their assassinations would be assured.
i'm afraid you may be right about that.

on another note, i find it interesting that an anarchist would be a moderator of anything. :lol:
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

davidjay wrote: of course, i'm from california. we're fairly progressive out here. a lot of us are ready to vote for a black jewish woman if she was the right person.
Just joking but you've already got an austrian body builder as governor who seems to have some quite left wing ideas for a republican. :lol:
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

obama rocks

play his pod casts and you will see
>>>>>>>>>
for moss well you can vote for perot
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I was hoping itd be Hilary vs Giuliani
after all these years of Suthi'n redneck dominance I was looking forwards to two New Yorkers being the choice
but apparantly its all being decided today by one state so that outcome s not going to happen

so if Obama wins, based on the fact he can give a rousing speech about "change", who's going to surround him as his cabinet and backroom advisors?
thats the scary thing about having an inexperienced kid as president, and the worlds had enough of that these last seven years
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

American's don't seem to like Catholics either, but they voted for Kennedy...however he got shot! :shock:

There is still a lot of voting to go after New Hampshire.
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

Ron Paul is the best chance for change in America in my opinion. If America wants change we need to get away from big government and special interest groups.

He advocates a non-interventionist foreign policy, having voted against actions such as the Iraq War Resolution, but in favor of force against terrorists in Afghanistan. He favors withdrawal from NATO and the United Nations, instead supporting the idea of strong national sovereignty. Having pledged never to raise taxes, he has long advocated ending the federal income tax and reducing government spending by abolishing most federal agencies; he favors hard money and opposes the Federal Reserve. He also opposes the Patriot Act, the federal War on Drugs, and gun control. Paul is pro-life, but opposes a Federal ban on abortion, advocating overturning Roe v. Wade to let states determine the legality of abortion.

If your not familiar with his views, because the media doesn't give him the coverage he deserves, check him out here http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Craig Marion wrote:He favors withdrawal from NATO and the United Nations, instead supporting the idea of strong national sovereignty.
Sounds like building a Wall...actually without taxes how do you pay for the military?