Post something you learnt today thread

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Post something you learnt today thread

Post by Flying pig437 »

There's a shop on a rd. in town that I've walked down dozens of times this year which is called Mink Couture. In fact I've just googled it and it's recently opened. I was walking passed today when I noticed a small group of demonstraters holding a Mink is bad banner.

Here's what they've got to say for themselves.

MAA sent a delegation yesterday to Doncaster, where a demonstration took place against the newly opened Mink Couture on Hallgate Street (62 to be precise).

This event was well-publicised by Animal Rights UK, with around 40 demonstrators turning up to welcome the shop to town. Overwhelmed, the owners locked themselves inside all day and only opened their doors to a couple of people who appeared to be friends or family members.

At no point during the day did a single customer enter the shop. Our interaction with the passing public showed that the vast majority of locals support our efforts and do not wish to see a blatantly cruel and heartless business thriving in their city. Many stopped to chat with us as we distributed leaflets, asking what they can do to get involved and volunteering to write their council and the owners of the rented shop property. Many will be making a point to turn up to the daily demos taking place in front of the shop, others will be ordering leaflets to distribute to friends and family, entering the shop to remind the owners that they are unwelcome in Doncaster and sending messages of disapproval through their website.

*this is from the first demo a few days ago. There wasn't any thing like 40 peope thier today and if I'd know they'd come all the way from Mancherster no doubt in vehicles fueld by the blood of dead Iraqi children I'd have had something to say to them that's if I hadn't had far more pressing concerns with trying to figure out what's eating up nearly a GB of precious space on my beloved iphone which I'd reset to factory setting and needed an internet connection to get back up and running. I was on my way to 3 to see if they'd do it for me. They didn't so I had to go to a gamers dive and use the wifi there.