Mac or PC?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!

Are you a Mac or a PC

I've got taste and I'm cool
50%
My money is feeding Steve Ballmers cocaine habit
50%

Total votes: 4

Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Mac or PC?

Post by Flying pig437 »

Which one are you? I can't wait to get Mac. Ever since reading Steve Jobs biog I've been aware of the idea of actually wanting a computer one loves rather than just because it's cheap or w/e which is why people buy Windows computers. I want a laptop I choose like I'd choose a car...one that I love but who does that with computers? There's not enough choice but at least with a Mac I'm getting something someone, namely Steve Jobs has actually put the time and effort into trying to make appealing on the asthetic as well as tech level unlike HP or Sony or Toshiba who just want to make cheap shit! A/w if I do end up getting a Mac soon which I think I will I'll be a Mac and will vote then rather than vote now as a shitty PC! :lol:
OH! I've just seen the enable re-vote option so will vote now and then change it.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mac or PC?

Post by Keith Jordan »

These days, your question needs to say PC, Mac, Tablet or Smartphone. There are going to be less views of the internet done on a PC than on the phones/tablets by 2015.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

+1 to that. I've a smartphone and a tablet and use those a lot too. While Apple Macs, the iPad, the iPhone etc. are wonderful, I find the whole Apple vs PC debate tiresome. There is room for both. Not to mention the likes of Linux (which I've also used and like for what it is), Android and other operating systems. It's different strokes for different folks. I don't give a toss where the money's going as long as what I have does what I want.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Well today's the big day! I find out how much I'm going to get for this laptop. If it's in the region of £200 pt. ex then I might just be able to stretch to get that Mac in the window. Mac's are cool. Windows aren't. Joey Santiago uses a Mac. What more needs to be said?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I'm sure your mac is going to make you very very happy and will transform your life.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

I'm cooling my boots a bit. I might wait till all my health problems are resolved and buy one as a present for myself. I'lll see how much they offer me in trade for this. My eyes aren't straining me this morning.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Flying pig437 wrote:Mac's are cool. Windows aren't. Joey Santiago uses a Mac. What more needs to be said?
I didn't know Windows made computers!! It's just now that Microsoft is releasing that Surface thing. Anyway, most people I know who have a Mac are basically snobs who bought into the hype that Macs are designed for artistic and really special people... like them! The irony is that none of them are actually artists, just poseurs pretening to be.

I have tried various Macs (the one that looked like a lamp and the new ones that are all in the screen) and honestly I didn't find anything amazing about them, besides the looks. So, if anyone here is a Mac expert would you please tell me what's so great about MAC/OS over Windows? It felt to me like it was A LOT more restrictive and "closed" operating system than even Gates' own product. It felt like it was an operating system designed for toddlers: hiding information, not letting you change anything, controlling every move you do...

When something is so "foolproof" you start to get the feeling that it was actually designed for fools. I don't know, I like to tinker around with my computer, change things and stuff. I wonder how often a Mac owner opens up that case? Guess they must be too busy recording mindblowing music on Garageband...

Also this kinda applies to the computer market too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH0N-kgMUbA

If Macs are so expensive then they MUST be the best, right? Certainly better than anything cheaper, etc...
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Well I've got one! I traded in the 11" HP Windows laptop I bought 3 weeks ago which started straining my eyes and made me think, when I saw a Mac for £350 in CEX, that I might pt.ex. and pay a bit more and get it! I just went and did it this afternoon! First thing is that it's working! 2nd thing is that I've just got to play around with it a while and get used to it as apart from watching a few y/t vids last night I've never seen one in action before. I'll be able to answer daniecaux post in the coming weeks and months.

btw. this is m first post using it...anywhere!
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I don't see the purpose of this thread as it is clearly just going to serve Flying pig437's boner for Mac products and anything to the contrary will be met with the usually badly worded childish grief as his other crass and poorly thought out posts will typically attest to.

For what it is worth I enjoy using a Mac but I don't like the ethos of Apple. I want to be able to tinker with the 'engine' of any computer and Apple is pretty fundamentally against that. You accept their products much in the same way as the apes at the beginning of 2001 accept that black monolith. Steve Jobs was a massive wanker as well with his psuedo Zen Buddhism, monied hippie piousness, cult leader personality and naff black turtleneck sweaters. I don't care for the rabid cult-follower attitude of many Apple users I have met. If you are the type of person who would rather your car had one dial, one gear and simply a stearing wheel then go for it. Not everybody is a techie by any means. However the "you are buying into something better" mentality of Apple really annoys me.

They also sued Samsung because hippie companies hate it when competition slips in and they cannot monopolise the market with their horrible gadgets.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

my breakfast. wrote:I don't see the purpose of this thread .
Awwwww gewwwwwdd! The purpose is erm...I wanted to start it and hey! Guess what? I didn't even question my conscience about it!!!! :lol:
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

my breakfast. wrote:ISteve Jobs was a massive wanker .
Ooh! That's well thought out! [-D-]
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

The edit button is there so you don't make double posts.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Anybody has the Samsung Galaxy Tab? I'm thinking about buying one and supporting Samsung now that the "impartial" american courts ruled in favor of Apple, who appearently invented the wheel too...
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

danielcaux wrote:Anybody has the Samsung Galaxy Tab? I'm thinking about buying one and supporting Samsung now that the "impartial" american courts ruled in favor of Apple, who appearently invented the wheel too...
Hey! I'm a Mac and a Sam!
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

I was drunk when i posted that last night. A/w I've got a Samsung phone which obviously is prety much the same thing as a Tab and it's brilliant esp. if you make the change to Google Chrome browser 'cause you can dl an app called CMarks which sync your browser bookmarks as well as a plethora of other techy wonders. A Tab would be even better because I think you can watch BBC Iplayer on them. You can on some Android phones but not mine.