Margaret Thatcher RIP

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Margaret Thatcher RIP

Post by rememberaday »

Do they have fights-to-the-death in Argentina. You know, in Saudi Arabia beheading is a favourite way of capital punishment. :?
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

Politics by its very nature will create divides and opinions, which is a good thing.

She did and acted in her own way and did what she thought was right. Nothing wrong with that.

She had long since retired, we really should move on, allow her to be laid to rest in peace. Plenty to worry about on the politics of today but that's a discussion for a different day, and hopefully a different forum !
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

thefinalcut wrote:Haha fanatic? All I can see is that, luckily, you don´t know a shit about me and you make personal judgements like "You sound like someone who has been brainwashed to death" and stuff.
That wasn't a "personal judgement", I was just sharing the impressions I got after reading your last post. I was asserting "how you sounded" not "what you were", because as you said, I don't know you at all, so I could in no way know for sure if you have been brainwashed or not. But that's how anyone sound, to me at least, when they use that kind of rethoric.
thefinalcut wrote:Please refrain from giving personal opinions
Seriously? Wouldn't that be a little totalitarian? I mean, I know you live in Kirchner's Argentina and all, and must be somehow used to that, but in other places there's still a thing called "freedom of speech" and it's highly treasured; there people can have opinions and are even encouraged to share them! Can you believe it?

Ok, I'm only joking, I know you know about freedom of speech, I guess all I'm saying is please don't behave like a damn dictator, don't try to force others to act just the way you like or expect them to only express opinions similar to yours.
thefinalcut wrote:or is it what you need, in order to impose your point of view, disqualifying other people?
Like I said before I was just sharing my impressions and opinions, in not way was I imposing my point of view or disqualifying anyone. You however seem to be doing exactly that with your tough talk...
thefinalcut wrote:Just exactly like Bush jr. did.
I disagree, Bush Jr. never did that, he was too dumb and retarded to even articulate correctly his own points of view, much less impose them.
thefinalcut wrote:Do not lecture me with your rubbish.
What rubbish?
thefinalcut wrote:Don´t you put me in the same line with the Bush and Netanyahu muck. Thanks.
And Ahmadinejad, don't forget Ahmadinejad! I'm not putting you in the same line with them, just the rethoric that your are using.
thefinalcut wrote:You´re making me be off topic this time, which upsets me very much.
You seem like an angry young woman that gets upset quite easily!
thefinalcut wrote:
danielcaux wrote:Ahmadinejad using a phrase like "we don't need this kind of people"
At least he has the balls to defend his own country and the interests of his people.
You mean, just like Netanyahu?
thefinalcut wrote:But now that you feel at easy judging people that you´ll never meet, I´m able to make a comment about you, in return. You sound like a pedantic one who is comfortable with the way the world is being ruled, with no interest in a real change, a very conservative mind...Your motto would be "leave the scenario just as it is, nobody can change anything"
Fair enough, but please give us examples! You can't make such claims and then not support them at all! What makes me sound like "a pedantic one who is comfortable with the way the world is being ruled"? Also nice motto, but what makes you think that I'm a conservative mind?

Anyway, back on topic here are some thoughts about Tatcher from that famous 70s philosopher, John Joseph Lydon:

I'm not happy about the boo boo parties... Her politics were really dreadful and derisive and caused a great many issues for me when I was young, for all of us trying to go through that. But that don't mean I am gonna dance on her grave, as they say. I'm not that kind of person.

I was her enemy in her life but I will not be her enemy in her death. I am not a coward... My entire life, socially, was all around the Maggie era. That was the great challenge as a Sex Pistol was how to deal with Margaret Thatcher. I think we did rather good.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musi ... 88377.html