Inflatable arenas (non-PF thread)

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Inflatable arenas (non-PF thread)

Post by moom »

Reminded by this thread, i just wanted to say there inflatable constructions around the world. for instance, near my neighborhood one was erected lately, a sports hall. For some reason I can't find a photo, though, wtf.

So, could that be some kind of a future - or even already present - alternative to other ways of erecting buildings?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Inflatable arenas (non-PF thread)

Post by Keith Jordan »

Doesn't sound very feasible. Vandals would go round knifing them. :shock:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Part of the area I live in is regarded as the "Quilting Capital Of The US," if not The World.

Every year, the population of the town which holds the Quilting Festival doubles (at the very least) for a week as the festival draws people from around the world.

During that week, an inflatable building goes up. I have no idea what they use it for, as I've never bothered to go inside it.

The first time I saw it, my second thought was "how are they going to stop people from puncturing it?"

My first thought was that Dexter Morgan had set up a huge kill room to deal with the Quilters...but I'm also a little twisted. *shrug*
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:Doesn't sound very feasible. Vandals would go round knifing them. :shock:
Hmm... where's me bowie knife :lol:

Okay, found a picture, when the thing was still being erected (do i like this word or not? :lol: )

The construction is called pneumohall (pneumatic hall), for sports games, and the neighborhood is Väike-Õismäe (Little Tuliphill, but not in the meaning that it's small, but in the meaning just like Little Italy in Mafia).

The official name is Õismäe Sportmängude Hall (Tuliphill Sportsgames Hall)

Looks like Wismari stadium also has its own