Very sad news re. Just a Bag of Atoms

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Sad news re. Just a Bag of Atoms

Post by rememberaday »

Yeah I've read that post of hers and I concur with her sentiment, NPF was one of the first places where I felt that there were people willing to try and understand each others' differences and accept them. (this, of course, disregards Moom as he is a spambot and not a person).

Didn't know JaBoA at all but from the few posts of hers I've read though NPF's back catalogue, she seemed funny and a much-valued poster. This is sad news. RIP.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Marti and I used to communicate via private message. She like to call me "ghostie," which I never understood; because anyone where can tell you that my presence was never "come and go" or anything less than in your face, right here, right now.

*shrug*

We hadn't communicated for a couple of years. It just goes to show that you never really know when someone is going to blink out.

She was right about one thing, though; sometimes the best days are the days when absolutely nothing happens. I do wish the day this happened to her had instead been one of those days.

She's missed.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Very sad news. I didn't know her as well as some of you maybe did, but I always loved her posts and her offbeat sense of humour. We talked a little in private messages. She was one of the few people on here who reached out to me in private to talk to me. Even though I hadn't heard from her in some time, she will still be greatly missed. RIP Marti.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Re: Very sad news re. Just a Bag of Atoms

Post by David Smith »

It's with sadness I return to NPF. I used to exchange emails with her a lot - was mostly writing related stuff: she really wanted to read the stuff I was writing back then and said she'd always wanted to write a novel of her own but never got around to it. I think I speak for everyone when I say it's a shame she never did. She had a great sense of humour, a positive attitude that never bordered on phony and a unique voice. We've been discussing her a lot on Facebook. Sounds like she lived a great life and touched a lot of people - obviously none of us know how long we've got, so really isn't that the most we can hope for? I'm sorry to have lost contact with her these last few years (would have been great to have had her on Facebook or tweeting) but certainly won't forget her or the colours that she could bring to every thread.

On a related note, Keith - I hope you know how grateful all of us are for you setting this forum up. I know me and some others jumped ship to Facebook, but this will always be a website that means a lot to me. When I started I was just 16 (still at high school!) but some of the friendships began back then are still going on. This was my introduction to social media, and seeing many of us grieve for an old friend we never met reminds me of how great a community we had here and how meaningful web communication can be. Thanks a lot for running it Mr Jordan.
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

Rest in Peace Marti. xx
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

David Smith wrote:
On a related note, Keith - I hope you know how grateful all of us are for you setting this forum up. I know me and some others jumped ship to Facebook, but this will always be a website that means a lot to me. ....... some of the friendships began back then are still going on. This was my introduction to social media, and seeing many of us grieve for an old friend we never met reminds me of how great a community we had here and how meaningful web communication can be. Thanks a lot for running it Mr Jordan.
I can only echo what David says there, it's only when this has happened that you realise just how much NPF meant.

Robert.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

Yes, thank youi Keith, your efforts here brought many people from all over the world together.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

All we need to do, is make sure, we keep talking. :?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Wow!!

Her posts were awesome to read...super!! A great and refreshing attitude!!

I check this forum at least twice a week...haven't posted much, but this is a case where I just have to echo others and say she will be missed.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

She joined after my NPF prime had come and gone, but it's always said when someone in a community passes away.

RIP
henno

Post by henno »

Always a Fun and interesting character, definitely one of the reasons the site was so popular back then.

Rip marti, hope your grooving it up in the great gig in the sky....
MY RRRRS
Knife
Knife

Post by MY RRRRS »

for those who wish to leave a personal message for her husband Robert and family - http://www.lombardofuneralhome.com/mems ... id=1352645
henno

Post by henno »

deleted a few posts that were nothing to do with the sad news here.

dont post unless you want to pay respect please.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I do not take any comfort in these news.