bonfire night

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

bonfire night

Post by jonesy »

here in england we celebrate bonfire night or (binfire night)!
but is it a good idea because leading up to bombynight about three months alot of things happen like selling fireworks to kids,old people being scared ,kids getting hurt,adults getting hurt ,people losing limbs ,hospitals having to cope with things that could've been prevented wasting time and money ,animals being tortured,frightening animals, houses being burnt(properties)blowing up cars and phone boxes hoax phone calls to the fire brigade ,lives being taken ,non proper use of fireworks ,some of them are like mortar bombs,and it goes on for a bout two month after nov the 5th
it sound mad but it's true ,
and the good points ,
treakle toffee bangers and mash for tea and toffe apples, great!
how do the people in other countrys think about this and do they have simalar days in the year where firworks are sold for enjoyment !
(i used to love bomby night but now it just seems ridiculous paying money to watch things go in the air then pop,or am i getting old )

and then i think heres me going on about bomby night, and america sells guns for fun !? :roll:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It is just another excuse to go out and get very drunk!! People who make hoax calls for fire brigade are sick individuals and should not have the right to life... as they take the lifes of others by their stupidity!! God Mark, you have sent me into a bad mood with some people!!! :lol:
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

The latest one round my way is the clowns putting fireworks inside wheelie bins, post boxes and phone boxes. It's like a terrorist attack.
They start selling fireworks months in advance, but i think a new law is being brought in here in Scotland to restrict the sale to the week surrounding bonfire night.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Keith Jordan wrote:It is just another excuse to go out and get very drunk!!
There are lots of those excuses.
I think the best one still is: I feel like going out and getting very drunk!!

\:D/
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

you can buy them on markets and the like ?
they said that a while a go but it does'nt seem to have changed
it the same as being 18 to buy fireworks it does'nt matter (did it used be sixteen)shop keepers r there to make money ?
lets hope they do change the law

(don't get me wrong i used to mess about with fire works dangerously holding them throwing them using pipes as rocket lauchers playing army with your mates and that but the youngsters today are well worse cos they dont give a sh*t they've been brought up wrong there full of bad attitude towards anybody they feel like giving sh*t to becuase they hang around in groups of about 15 or more . (well 80% of teenagers anyway)
i blame gangsta rap or whatever you want to call it yo! :lol:
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I blame parents, the media, and Priests. ;) JK (about the media)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Funniest thing i ever saw last night and i'm sure Jacky boy can at;east picture this properly

Going along Melville drive and on one side of the road at the bottom of the road there was a gang of chavs on the bottom of the links and on the other at the edge of the meadows using the trees for cover were another

Anyway, the 2 gangs of chavs were shooting fireworks at eachother from either side of the road, like a war with only chavs turning up. Stupidly dangerous, whole place was a warzone and the pigs didn't do anything about it for some reason

btw, for the benefit of anyone not rom britain pigs is a slang term used for the police
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Well there was certainly fireworks last night at Paradise!!!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Yeah, down the mean streets of weegie ville some 12 year old kids attached a firework to their neighbours dog for some reason, read it in the mirror yesterday so just imagine what it would be like last night

George Square will have been a battle ground
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Nothing new there then. It's just a pity when i go to see a game, i have to step foot in that helhole that is Razorland. Pity.
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

Most of the time, I think pigs is a slang for police. Just look at chief Wiggum from the Simpsons. I've known pig as police since I was a little kid. This may be pretty universal.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Bonefire night seems an apt way to celibrate the burning of a Catholic mercenary :twisted:
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Well they say us Scots have a sectarian attitude but that's a bit below the belt that one.
If only Fawkes had got it right the first time..........what a dream that would have been!!
Hail Hail
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

well it went off with a bang !
went and stood on the reservoir near me with a few tins and a couple of friends and watched everybody elses fireworks for miles around it looked good. then went to the pub . :roll:
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Do you celebrate it for or against Guy Fawkes?