I Don't Like Mondays By The Boomtown Rats

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

I Don't Like Mondays By The Boomtown Rats

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I downloaded this song the other day, and I think it's pretty good. For those of you who don't know, The Boomtown Rats are Bob Geldof's old band.

The song is about someone who went on a killing spree and explained "why?" by saying "I don't like Mondays." I have heard it was inspired by a 16 year old female who went on killing spree and then explained "I don't like Mondays."

I think it is definitely worth a download for those of you who have never heard it before...
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

RPITI
You are right about the insperation about the song, but I dont need to download it as it was played to death when it was released and was #1 for about 6 weeks back in 1978/79 when it was released. Also most of the B.T.R output is worth listening to from around that era.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

It's fine song and yes, it's horribly overplayed just like Another Brick in The Wall pt. 2.

And for some reason I really hate Bob Geldof.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Geldof and another member of the BTR were sitting in a radio station doing an interview when the report of the real incident came over the telex machine. He wrote the lyrics more or less on the spot...although he envisioned it as a reggae song.