Guitarist?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
jizhomer
Blade
Blade

Guitarist?

Post by jizhomer »

I am an amateur guitarist! After 2 years of steadily plodding I think I am improving, but am I biting off more than I can chew, jumping in at the deep end as it were, by trying to play along with my favourite Floyd tracks? It would be nice to hear from other guitarists, of all levels, for tips and advice!! My main grievence is barre chords, I just can't quite get 'em! Any advice? :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I suppose practive makes perfect! My trouble when first learning guitar was to get the 'F' bar chord!! I would be playing the other standard chords and their minors with no issue... but 'F'. Arrggghhh!!

Practice! :D
jizhomer
Blade
Blade

Post by jizhomer »

F chord eh? Thats exactly where I am. Remarkable! Good to know it's a common problem and not just my inability!! How long have you been playing etc? :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am 20 and have been playing for about 5 years. It is my third instrument though - I am a drummer in my band Blue Monkey and play piano. I am not classically trained though!! :lol:

F was a hurdle but I can play it without thinking about it at all now. As I said, practice makes perfect!! Just keep at it. Practice A-G major and minor several times per day for a few weeks. Then go onto A-G major and minor sevenths and that should keep you happy for most rock songs. If you are into jazz, there are the equivalent of tongue twisters in the guitar chord world!! Amazing stuff!! :shock:

Keep practicing. Do scales as well!! :D