Doctor Who

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Doctor Who

Post by oz1701 »

they use a timey wimey device.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

to help save amy wamy?
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

:lol:
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Stephen wrote:Maybe I've missed something along the way but is not the most crucial thing in this whole series that Amy doesn't remember the Earth being moved through space by Davros and the Daleks? She encounters them in the Winston Churchill episode but according to her that's her first knowledge of them, which shouldn't be the case, so this factor must play an important role in the coming story or beyond.
That, and Leadworth - "the village that time forgot" - is too strange for comfort. The date on Rory's badge, for instance. Or the duck pond with no ducks in it. Something is off about that place, and I'm sure that mystery is a part of the big finale as well.

Also, one more weird little thing... in "Flesh and Stone", we see the Doctor losing his jacket to a Weeping Angel. How come he shows up shortly after that in a different jacket and tells Amy to "remember"? Did he himself get erased? =P~

I can't wait for "The Big Bang". It's as simple as that!
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

Ami regenerates and becomes the Rani - embued with time energy she destroys all of the doctor's enemies before running off to find the master in the alternate universe which is accessed through the crack left behind when the tardis explodes. the doctor then becomes a box set of season 5 and is placed on a toy shop shelf next to some toy soldiers and a blue money box.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Well what d'ya think of that?
Only looked at my watch to see how long the episode had left, twice! And er... that was that then? Maybe it needs to be re-watched, but not tonight thanks! Doctor Who is the only series this could have happened in. I can see how some people would have hated it. I did feel we were being "talked to death". Glad it's got another series, but can we please drop this "The Queen and others know of the Doctor!" angle? Or is that here to stay?
I'm not sure this series will stand up in a few years time*, but as the sun shines let's give it 10 out of 10 and let future internet historians think "WTF man? 10 out of 10?"

*=Might age better than David Tennant's first series though?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Very glad we finally had a finale without a "big bad". An understated closing episode has been long overdue since the show was revived.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: but can we please drop this "The Queen and others know of the Doctor!" angle? Or is that here to stay?
Got to admit that I'm unhappy about that too.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

i hoped for so much more.

that's all i can say without saying too much and ruining it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

In terms of action, it was a little underwhelming, but of course it'll be that when compared to Davies' over-the-top SFX-fests. I'm just glad that we finally got a truly happy ending, a pair of companions that are unlikely to ever hit on the Doctor and a great premise for series 6: who said "silence will fall" when River was in the TARDIS and just who is River?

Oh, and I got my wish! Nobody said "last of the time lords", "last of my kind" or anything to that extent. Thank God, cause those lines were beginning to really annoy me, along with all the crap about Death following in the Doctor's wake. The drama in this was so much better, proving that you don't need to throw everything including the kitchen sink onto the screen to get a climax.

All in all, it's been a great series, possibly the best so far with Matt Smith definitely being among the best Doctors so far. Looking forward to Christmas now...

Oh, and as for the Queen, the Doctor did say it was the Orient Express in space. Could be Liz 10? That'd expain why she knows him.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

they used a timey wimey device to save amy wamey
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

sorry
Last edited by Jimi Dean Barrett on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Anybody a fan of the newer Daleks? I was talking with a friend about this on the weekend - he doesn't like them: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... -fans.html
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

With regards to DW - some people need to get a life
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Doctor who? :lol:

8-[ Silly joke I know.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for any of the Floyd to finally accept publicly that "One Of These Days" is in fact a Doctor Who theme cover/rip off. They kinda gave a nod to this by including the main melody in the middle part when they played live, but the main thing is that the whole song is based on a similar use of the theme's bassline and overall atmostphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIS3jhIncj0