NPF Tribute CD Thread

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

NPF Tribute CD Thread

Post by jonesy »

please post your music and comments here.
i think we need a page for everyone who wants to post there music pages for the rest of us to listen to and comment on even if you have done so in the past on your own topic plz put your urls on this page and we can see just how many people have talent on this site and maybe we could do our own cd by choosing the best or just do a few cds of us all (including you keith :lol: ) and vine it out or put it up for download.
any comments ?

so here goes

these sites will be updated once aweek with new stuff ????sometimes :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/nonbeliever

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/nonbelievermusic.htm

I changed the thread title based on the direction the thread has taken. - Useful Idiot
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

http://www.myspace.com/keychainlogic

But if we're going to do a CD, I think it should be a Floyd covers...I want "Have A Cigar."
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

no probs ..
we can do both :lol: i want wish you were here or careful??
oh no i want to do em all ?? :roll:
Last edited by jonesy on Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cluster One
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cluster One »

mosespa wrote:But if we're going to do a CD, I think it should be a Floyd covers...I want "Have A Cigar."
I'd pay big bucks for a CD full of NPF Floyd Covers! :smt035

And mosespa somehow I picture you singing In The Flesh or Pigs-3DO and not ...Cigar 8)
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

If we do a Floyd covers CD, I'd be willing to do Wish You Were Here (if any of you are really interested in hearing me butcher it).

As for my music, you can order my weird improvised CDs from http://vogelrecords.bravehost.com/ or you can download Death After Life, the parody band my friend and I formed at http://www.soundclick.com/deathafterlifecanada
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Cluster One wrote:
mosespa wrote:But if we're going to do a CD, I think it should be a Floyd covers...I want "Have A Cigar."
I'd pay big bucks for a CD full of NPF Floyd Covers! :smt035

And mosespa somehow I picture you singing In The Flesh or Pigs-3DO and not ...Cigar 8)

You know...I was going to make a CD of nothing but Floyd covers and offer it for weed through the site. But I got sidetracked.

Hmmm...I could have some fun with Pigs (3DO.) Maybe I'll just do a whole CD myself and let everyone choose the one they think is best for the compilation.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Id be up for doing a Floyd cover, I recently found all the files for my remix of Chapter 24 but the organ in the background is proving a pain in the arse to isolate the vocals but I have all the music done so it would just be a case of recording vocals but I aint no singer and our vocalist is away until he end of january, perhaps I could send someone an mp3 of it here and they could record vocals making something of an NPF collaboration, that could be cool, a warning tho, my version is very electronic and I know some poeple arent into that but if anyone fancies recording themself singing for the track then Im game.
pinknewbie
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pinknewbie »

This sounds cool I could get my band to do a floyd cover. I dont know what somg i would do but my mate has a gt-6 and SOYCD sounds really cool using some different effects.

But Id be up for whatever.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Id be up for doing a Floyd cover, I recently found all the files for my remix of Chapter 24 but the organ in the background is proving a pain in the arse to isolate the vocals but I have all the music done so it would just be a case of recording vocals but I aint no singer and our vocalist is away until he end of january, perhaps I could send someone an mp3 of it here and they could record vocals making something of an NPF collaboration, that could be cool, a warning tho, my version is very electronic and I know some poeple arent into that but if anyone fancies recording themself singing for the track then Im game.
How to isolate tracks (vocal,drums,guitars,keyboards...) from a song? Which program to use? I have Cool Edit but it doesn't help...
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

crofloyd wrote:How to isolate tracks (vocal,drums,guitars,keyboards...) from a song? Which program to use? I have Cool Edit but it doesn't help...
Thank you for trying to help and I do appreciate your input but I have exhausted every possibility with the song, I am actually a sound engineer working for Anzak studios in Brighton and I have torn apart the song with my colleagues using Pro-tools but quite simply the organ is just too dominant, we've tried gating it and cutting the wav file between lines to eliminate any spill but it really is just too dominant so rather than abandon the track I think it could be an interesting idea for a fellow member of this board to record the vocals for it so we could have an actual NPF collaboration for the CD, failing that I'll just get our vocalist to to do the honours when she returns but Id really like to get the collaboration thing going.
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

i recorded a few floyd covers. this is what could be done...

Have a Cigar > Wish You Were Here
Pigs On The Wing pt.1 + 2
Money
Green Is The Color > Cymbaline
Speak To Me > Breathe > Time > Breathe (reprise)
Hey You

Maybe some others will come to mind soon
pinknewbie
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pinknewbie »

perhaps if we have enough people we could do an NPF echoes.

I think it sounds like a great idea and a great tribute!
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

I'm more of a lurker at the moment - read a lot, but don't have much time to contribute. I've recorded the whole of Dark Side and Shine On, plus Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb, and would be more than happy to contribute any of them.

Season's greetings to all!

David
Last edited by db_intheflesh on Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Stu...I'm curious how good you are at "mastering" things.

I.e., if a bunch of us were to record different songs, would you be able to take the mixes and then master them in such a way as to sound as though they belong next to each other?

Unify them and maybe even give them segues into each other?
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

I've just finished uploading a few of my own songs. Lemme know what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/welloiledtortoise

Don't have any space anywhere to upload my Floyd stuff - any suggestions?

David