Contribute Your Artwork!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Contribute Your Artwork!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

We will be attempting something a little ambitious with the artwork thanks to a suggestion by mosespa. Each song contributed for the CD will have a seperate booklet page with an image created / designed by a fellow forum member with a short piece of text from the musician/s explaining why they chose the song. Forum member ''Mooner'' will be compiling the artwork and designing the booklet, hes a very nice person so dont be afraid to approach him if you have any questions. At present you can send any artwork you have that you would like to be used for the booklet to...

[email protected]

Please remember that this is not a competition and no ones work is being judged, this is a project where everyone should feel they can participate. The only guideline we would like people to stick to is to use / create your own images, please, no images that dont belong to you.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Sun May 15, 2005 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Excellent idea. What sort of image resolution are we after here? What dimensions should be used for the images? 2000px by 2000px or something a little less square?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I would suggest that the artist designate their own parameters with the knowledge that it's evenutally going to have to fit in a page the size of a CD booklet.

Sometimes, the process of transferring artfiles to a single format creates distortions that can add an ethereal quality to the artwork.

But I'm also just talking out of the other side of my hat here :twisted:
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

I've received some artwork from Mooner. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to look into it with greater detail.

As far as the dimensions of the CD are concerned I think it would be a better idea if designers or artists design the artwork they're comfortable with. However a few suggestions to keep things easy and neat.

1. The dimensions of the CD insert should be at least be 4.75" width x 4.715" height.

2. Minimum resolution should be 72 pixels. Higher resolutions are welcome too.

3. If you have a secret message you'd like to add to the CD artwork please feel free to let me know. I certainly have one. :D

4. You will be informed of and asked for confirmation for changes to your work.

5. Your artwork can range from an ant's rear end to an orange drum kit.

Please feel free to contact ObscuredEchoes as well.

More importantly you don't have to be an artist to contribute. You can contribute a picture, a few words you'd like to see in the insert or even some scribblings. And if you wish you can choose to remain anonymous. Please let ObscuredEchoes or myself know though.

Simpledumbpilot good to see you're a mod. :D :P
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Right. We have a new member who will be collecting and selecting the artwork with us. And that is Mooner.

FAQ:

Who is this Mooner person anyway?

- A regular member of the forum and someone who's good with designs and stuff. He may be considered harmless and unarmed. :wink:

So please feel free to contact him either via PM or at [email protected].

---

Also suggestions and contributions have not been much. Soon, I think, I'll have to PM various members to contribute. Your can remain anonymous if you choose to. You don't have to be an artist to contritbute. Trust me it's worth it.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I think it would be cool for members to contribute a picture of themselves, along with any other submissions... even just a thumbnail- something to put on the page with their song(s)/ credits.... :?: :?: :?:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Ridan wrote:Simpledumbpilot good to see you're a mod. :D :P
:D Its just to help me organise things with the CD, outside here Im just a meer mortal :wink: :D
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Thanks for the intro, Ridan.
FYI:
Submitted artwork, photo's, etc. doesn't necessarily need to be already fitted to CD dimensions. If you have some stuff you'd like submit but haven't or can't size it to fit, send it anyway - someone will certainly do it for you.
Also, everything and anything is welcome but it seems the thrust of the CD artwork will try to focus on original, unique material. If this is what you send, please say so.

[email protected] <--- fill 'er up :lol:
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Off-topic, for a minute...: Mooner- I like your signature!!!

(Okay- back to topic...) :P
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Hey OE, do you think we could talk some of these great musicians into covering Return Of The Sons Of Nothing? :lol: :wink:
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

Mooner wrote:Hey OE, do you think we could talk some of these great musicians into covering Return Of The Sons Of Nothing? :lol: :wink:
Far Out!!! isn't ATOM HEART MOTHER enough???
but if u can find the ACTUALL lyrics for the first verse of it, i'll see what i can do, but there is no way its gona be 20 minutes long lol
savageblue
Embryo
Embryo

file type

Post by savageblue »

Hi all, new member here, from Portugal, 22 years old =)
I would like to know which format should the file be in. May I send a PDF file? does anyone have Quark X-Press (I use that program to create graphical stuff, along with Photoshop)... or does it really have to be a pic???

Thank you all

Savage
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Hey Savage,

You can send in a file in any format. Please just let it be high resolution. PDF is no problem and neither is a Quark Express file any problem.

Personally I use Photoshop for most artwork but any file is fine with me. I am sure we can manage that.

Also it doesn't have to be a pic.

Thanks.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Looks to me like people are not interested in the artwork. There has be little contribution.

What's it? Are you people scared? :?
savageblue
Embryo
Embryo

artwork

Post by savageblue »

Nope, not scared... I-m working on it =) it takes some time for an artwork to be worthy of Pink Floyd