NPF Tribute CD Thread

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Re: covers

Post by Ridan »

Any Colour wrote:Hello all. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to all this icons and smiley stuff so i'll just get on with it. Will something recorded on cubase be acceptable if it sounds good enough :?: Is that a smiley thing i've just inseted?
A private message to simpledumbpilot will answer all your queries. Or an e-mail to [email protected] :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: covers

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Any Colour wrote:Hello all. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to all this icons and smiley stuff so i'll just get on with it. Will something recorded on cubase be acceptable if it sounds good enough :?: Is that a smiley thing i've just inseted?
No problems with Cubase at all, I use it at home, but also please remember that no ones work is being judged here so just give it your best shot, I'll be sure to shoehorn you in somewhere. Have you seen http://www.vstcentral.com ? its an excellent site with loads of free plug ins, I get loads from there, well worth a look.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

This is going to be very cool. "It would be so nice" to have access to all the tunes submitted.
Ferfloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Brazil Will Participate !

Post by Ferfloyd »

Hey, I'm a brazilian fan. I have a band ( actually i have two bands) that play songs from Pink Floyd. My dream is to play Green is the Colour, but this music is not much atractive for brazilian people. so i ply it at home and with friends that like floyd music. It will be good if one of my bands record Green is the colour... I'll contac then...

This was really a great Idea!!!
I'm bassist and once i used cake walk for record.
See Ya!!!!
paulgeaf
Embryo
Embryo

Post by paulgeaf »

Ok I can take no more of this!! hehe
I dont have anything more than a pc mic but what I lack in equipment i can try to make up for in erm..passion :)
It was getting like torture reading about all of you recording and planning tracks and bass and vocals etc whilst thinking I just wouldn't be able to get anything together but.. I have to.
So I am erm, acquiring cubase as I type, though I don't know which version it is, it claims to be a fully working product.
the question is can I learn how to use it, then put it to good use, before the deadline is up?
:P
Of course not.
I can try though..

must go and put my name onto the songs list thread!!

Also -is anyone looking for any vocals..? I love to sing and used to busk all over the Uk for two years or so, so Im not tone deaf ;)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

OK folks, you may have noticed this section of the forum being cleaned up a little with some of the volume 1 specific threads being deleted and others being moved to other sections of the forum where they are still relevant to keep things simple and orgnaised for volume 2, I think we should definitely keep this one tho as a piece of history as this is where it all began but to avoid confusion with newbies I'll lock this and we can have a new thread for volume 2 when its needed.