SYD STALKER ????

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
In The Pink

SYD STALKER ????

Post by In The Pink »

:smt100 I have been d/ling from LimeWire, looking for Floyd/Syd music videos.

I downloaded something titled "Syd Barrett Really rare footage". I thought it would be like a clip from a live concert or something. But it is (what looks like) Roger out walking. It starts with him walking out of a building that has loads of flowers all over in front of it, then him just....walking.

Is this that stalker thing??? Cause, that's all I can think of it being. If anyone knows what this clip is, please let me know, cause if it is I am deleting it. That is bull-shit and all copies should be destroyed. That is disgusting. Not Roger himself. If that really was Roger (and it looked like it) he is overweight, yeah, but he's built :shock: . But it's the thought that someone could be sick enough in the head to follow him like that. Makes me want to hurt the person who filmed that. :smt010 I am literally choked up, I am that pissed. I really wish people would learn to label their friggin media correctly. Puts a really sour note on file-sharing.:smt093
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Yep, thats the stalker footage. theres always tonnes of mislabeled files on p2p networks, a couple of months ago I downloaded what I was lead to believe was a video of Peter Hammill in concert, it turned out to be a film called ''Once You've Had Black You Dont Go Back''!! so I thought, well, while Im here... :D
In The Pink

Post by In The Pink »

:evil:

thanks Stu. If anyone would know, you would. ((Oh wise guru of all things Floyd :wink: ))

...stalker scum. meet my trash bin.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have several copies of the stalker footage and, to be honest, I havent got a problem with having it. If people can watch it and it cures their curiosity so they dont go visiting his house, then I think it is a good thing. It is best that one person got video of him as opposed to 100's of people visiting his house. I dont see how the video would affect Barrett? :?
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

I believe I've seen it a long ago, and I also thought it was some concert footage.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Stalker video is commonly known as "A Day so Dark, so Warm" and is just as bad as the Syd's first trip cash in.
In The Pink

Post by In The Pink »

Keith Jordan wrote:I have several copies of the stalker footage and, to be honest, I havent got a problem with having it. If people can watch it and it cures their curiosity so they dont go visiting his house, then I think it is a good thing. It is best that one person got video of him as opposed to 100's of people visiting his house. I dont see how the video would affect Barrett? :?
First of all. In that footage, just at the end, Roger looks up just before he turned to cross the street. And the seemingly peaceful look that he had as he was out walking, seemed to turn distraught. And it looked like he was looking right at the camera. As if he had just figured out he was being filmed.

Second. Even if he didn't know then, guaranteed, he knows about that footage now.

Third, as private as he is about his life, can one really assume that it wouldn't bother him to have some bloke taking movies of him when he's just trying to get on with his day.

Fourth, if some idiot goes strolling up to Barrett's door and has the nerve to knock, at least Roger know's they're there. And he has the opportunity to tell them to blow off. He couldn't stop the stalker filming him cause the jerk didn't even have the balls to approach Barrett properly, and try to talk to him. (S)he just invaded his right to privacy from afar. Stole a video of Barrett. I think that does more harm than just about anything to a person who wants to be in seclusion.

IMO. :wink:
pfco

Post by pfco »

In The Pink wrote: Stole a video of Barrett. I think that does more harm than just about anything to a person who wants to be in seclusion.
Yes that is the infamous "stalker video" filmed by people associated with rogerwatersonline.com website, and sold by the owner of pinkfloydz.com. The seller claimed to have permission from Syd's family, but further investigation proved that they did not. Anyone who participates in stuff like this should not be trusted in any fan community. This is one reason why our website is not participating in helping pinkfloydz.com get money for this Tsunami raffle he's promoting. We don't feel comfortable in telling people to send their money to a person who has such low ethical standards.

Joe and Sandy
Cluster One
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cluster One »

pfco wrote:Yes that is the infamous "stalker video" filmed by people associated with rogerwatersonline.com website, and sold by the owner of pinkfloydz.com. The seller claimed to have permission from Syd's family, but further investigation proved that they did not. Anyone who participates in stuff like this should not be trusted in any fan community. This is one reason why our website is not participating in helping pinkfloydz.com get money for this Tsunami raffle he's promoting. We don't feel comfortable in telling people to send their money to a person who has such low ethical standards.

Joe and Sandy
:smt015

Wow, congratulations! You've managed to insult Two of your competitors (Rogerwatersonline.com and A Fleeting Glimpse - pinkfloydz.com) in one post! Nice job! And all that without them having provoked you in the slightest, at least not on this site, in this thread.

To call into question Col's credibility and ethics because he is trying to raise money for the Tsunami victims is pretty sad, and unfounded. Might I add that one of the items he's raffling off is a copy of Dark Side signed by all the band members. He obtained it with the assistance of FLOYD's management. Which leads me to believe he has the band's blessing!

Like I said, you're pretty sad. As usual, your site will continue to remain unvisited by myself. :D
pfco

Post by pfco »

Cluster One wrote:Wow, congratulations! You've managed to insult Two of your competitors (Rogerwatersonline.com and A Fleeting Glimpse - pinkfloydz.com) in one post! Nice job! And all that without them having provoked you in the slightest, at least not on this site, in this thread.

To call into question Col's credibility and ethics because he is trying to raise money for the Tsunami victims is pretty sad, and unfounded. Might I add that one of the items he's raffling off is a copy of Dark Side signed by all the band members. He obtained it with the assistance of FLOYD's management. Which leads me to believe he has the band's blessing!
If you cannot handle, or face, the truth about these people and what they did, that's your problem. We realize they have managed to fool some people in the community, but certainly not all of us, not by a long shot.

Regarding this CD....
He has the "blessing" of a PR person in the band's management office. The PR people keep stuff like that on hand, and pre-signed, just for instances such as this one when requested.

We were not saying that you should not give to the Tsunami relief. But to give money to Colin, whose ethics are in question due to the selling of the stalker vid situation and who plans on taking out shipping charges and PayPal charges from the total he gets, anyone who wishes to donate to the people of the disaster would be better off knowing *all* of their money would be given to the people in need...not just some of it.
Cluster One wrote:Like I said, you're pretty sad. As usual, your site will continue to remain unvisited by myself. :D
If by sad you mean having the guts to tell it like it is about some people in the Pink Floyd fan community, then so be it, we're sad...and will remain so.

Sandy and Joe
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

pfco wrote:...and who plans on taking out shipping charges and PayPal charges from the total he gets, anyone who wishes to donate to the people of the disaster would be better off knowing *all* of their money would be given to the people in need...not just some of it.
Thats common practice for all charitable activities, surely you've seen the phrase ''all profits donated to charity''? The price of sending out all the prizes will not be cheap, Im sure Colin's doing enough by arranging the auction and sending all the items, should he dip into his pocket as well and pay the potentially hundreds of pounds for sending all those items? If you were to buy something from Oxfam do you really believe that every penny you've just handed over is going straight to the needy? A large percentage of that money will have to cover ground rent for the store, insurance and other costs incurred, postage costs are the same principal.
Frisky Little Kitty

Post by Frisky Little Kitty »

I think someone should create a thread just for all this back biting between members of NPF and PFCO.....Come on guys lets get is thread back to the topic.

I think it is crap that someone was so cowardly as to film from a far then make money off it. No one has the right to invaid someone elses privacy. Just because you become famous doesn't meen you suddenly stop having emotions. Some people are just Pirias feeding off of others. Just leave him be. Damn...
pfco

Post by pfco »

There is no backbiting, from our end of it. Somebody asked about the stalker video and we answered it. It was someone else on this board who called us into question, and we do have a right to reply, do we not?

Sandy and Joe

Out of deference to Keith we have moved our response to Colin Turner's post below to a place on our own site. Anyone who's interested in reading it can go to the url below.

http://www.pinkfloyd-co.com/temp/
Last edited by pfco on Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
col t
Embryo
Embryo

Post by col t »

Hi All

First, I wish to apologise to Keith for coming to his forum like this. However, I'm sure he won't mind if I respond to those frauds who call themselves Pink Floyd fans, but get their enjoyment by trying to slander and lie about other Pink Floyd webmasters. I'm talking here about the lowlife from Pinkfraud & co Sandy & Joe Benson.

Their credibility as we all know is non existent.

Remember, these are the people who assured us that there would be Pink Floyd tours in 2000, 2001, 2002 & possibly even 2003. Yeah right!

Remember, it's Sandy who claims that David Gilmour sometimes flies over from the UK to the US in his private plane to visit her! (She also claimed to be an ex lover of David's). Yeah right!

These are the people who had a character called Winston in their chat rooms, who was really David Gilmour in disguise, who would often get out of bed at 3am to 'talk' to a few Floyd fans. Yeah right!

Pinkfraud & co's Sandy & Joe Benson are the people who claim that if you join their chat rooms and behave the way they want you to, then their friend David Gilmour will arrange for front row seats, AND you will get to meet him back stage on any future tours. Yeah right!

Remember the time that Sandy assured us that David had become a Christian, only to be found out lying a short while later when David denied it? Yeah right!

I could go on and on about the lies and pure venom that this charming couple have spread over the net for the last 7 years or so.

If you are interested to read an expose on Sandy and her lies, have a look at this little item from 1997

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt ... =&ie=UTF-8

There are other articles similar to this across the web. These jerks were found out years ago, and it makes you wonder why they keep bothering people, when they are the laughing stock of the Floyd community!

I will quickly say a few things about myself.

I WAS involved with selling that wretched video for all of 12 days about 4 years ago. I NEVER claimed that it had the approval of Syd's family. (yet another lie from Sandy) I made a mistake, and as soon as I realised I had made a mistake, I corrected it, and refused to have anything more to do with it. I had NOTHING to do with the filming of it, in fact, it was about two years old when it was shown to me. Pity that Joe & Sandy don't have the decency to own up to their lies & mistakes over the years.

I'm a lifetime Justice Of The Peace, twice former Mayor of an Australian City. Have been involved in charitable work for most of my adult life (raised $100,000 for a casualty ward at a hospital some years ago) and also ran another Floyd fund raiser a few years ago, with a fantastic result.

I have been a Pink Floyd FAN since 1966.

A couple of years ago, I held out an olive branch to Sandy & Joe. They had incorrectly stated that Roger Waters attended & performed at Steve O'Rourkes funeral. I dropped them a friendly email to say that Roger hadn't attended, but they chose to ignore that, and carried the wrong news for weeks.

I thought I might try to make peace with them again just recently, so I invited them to join all the other websites involved with the Tsunami Raffle. They never responded. (these were the only people invited who didn't lend their support)

It looks like sour grapes to me that now that Pink Floyd's Management & Roger Waters Manager, and EMI have all endorsed the raffle, and many sites involved have seen MAJOR increases in their web traffic, that Pinkfraud & co are regretting not joining in, and their reaction is to try to bring this wonderful fund raising effort into disrepute.

One last thing. The SACD that's the major prize in the raffle, was a one off. It didn't come off the shelf, as Sandy & Joe suggested. In fact, it was first signed by David, Nick & Rick, and then sent to Roger for him to add his signature. This was negotiated between Pink Floyd's Management, and Mark Fenwick (Roger's Manager), both of whom I am in contact with on a regular basis. One has to suspect that the nasty little minds over at Pinkfraud & co are pretty sick about that!

Best Wishes & sorry to Keith!

Col Turner

A Fleeting Glimpse
http://www.pinkfloydz.com/
Roger Waters On Tour
http://www.rogerwatersontour.com/
Frisky Little Kitty

Post by Frisky Little Kitty »

pfco wrote:There is no backbiting, from our end of it. Somebody asked about the stalker video and we answered it. It was someone else on this board who called us into question, and we do have a right to reply, do we not?

Sandy and Joe
Argueing between forums in several threads is back biting. I'm sure you are a great forum and all. This is also a great forum but damn.......Why must everyone come here to argue about who did what to who. It is a waste of sever space. I was simply stating that a disagreement between the different website shouldn't inflict on the actual topic going on here. Remember Syd??????????? Um the reason for the thread.....I sure when I watched ITP type out her question it wasn't so all of you..including members here could go on about your whose right whose wrong. I'm sorry but why don't you "ALL" take it outside. Get it over with...Some of us are here to enjoy Pink Floyd not listen to who has the biggest?
Grow up people It's Call Neptune Pink Floyd not Knit pick and bitch central.

Live and let live... Be the bigger person and stop fighting over every little thing.