CD Title Poll: Grand Final!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!

CD Title Poll: Grand Final

Poll ended at Tue May 03, 2005 12:28 am

NepTunes
40%
None Of Us Is Pink
60%

Total votes: 45

IainS
Blade
Blade

Post by IainS »

What Norbert said.....
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Norbert, you're the MAN.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:and ultimately is saying "We're not as good as the band that we worship."
yes, exactly, that is true. that was my point, or you think we are better than them? If we were better than them we wouldn?t worship them like we actually do, don?t you think? IMHO.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:...a twee in-joke that only Pink Floyd obsessives could get any kind of thrill out of. Now, I know there are a lot of those around these parts and I get accused of the same by the gf (I guess I do play them a lot) but if we want this project to catch on and excite people who haven't been bitten by the same bug then we need to think outside the envelope. The statement starts with a negative - this is bad - and ultimately is saying "We're not as good as the band that we worship." I can't see that setting anyone outside the circle on fire, can you?

A lot of people have put a lot of effort into the music. Can't we at least attempt to help package it properly by thinking through what the title we pick might represent to a non-Floyd fan?
Okay...I voted for None Of Us Is Pink. I didn't think it would be necessary to explain why, actually.

Not one of us has ever been in the band.

I LIKE the fact that it's a "twee in-jok that only Pink Floyd obsessives could get any kind of thrill out of," after all, WHO ELSE is going to be listening to it?

Really.

The world is divided into two groups of people...those who LOVE Pink Floyd and those who do not.

In order to obtain this set of discs, you pretty well have to be familiar with this site. In order to be familiar with this site, you CANNOT be ignorant of who Pink Floyd are. If you are not ignorant of who Pink Floyd are and remain a member of this site long enough to download this set, then it stands to reason that you MUST love Pink Floyd.

Chances are REALLY good, too, that you will be familiar with the in-joke.

I also like the fact that it's got a double-meaning...you could just as easily put the five faces of the members underneath the phrase as none of THEM are Pink, either.

It sort of underscores the notion that Pink Floyd are a BAND and not a singular artist.
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Aw CRAP mosespa. That's exactly what I was going to say! Really. Well, I might have used the bold button a bit more often... and I would have said that Neptunes is too unimaginitive. 8)
Qjamination
Embryo
Embryo

CD Title

Post by Qjamination »

Perhaps we might leave room to be pleasantly surprised as to who the audience for this tribute may be (or become)[re: Mosespa's comments].After all,consider the plethora of internet radio stations just as one outlet for exposure. It's not beyond reach that someone may hear an interpretation of a Floyd tune from the tribute and really enjoy it, whilst otherwise not really being that enamored of Pink Floyd per se.

Just a thought.
Last edited by Qjamination on Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

I voted "NONE OF US IS PINK", I just like the expression, and eve'ry floyd fan understands the link with Have A Cigar...
And the others... Why should they listen to a tribute-album?? SO I don't care. It also challenge the people who see the CD: None of us is pink, people get curious of this title...
"The NepTunes" is IMO a more negatif title. "Nep" in dutch has the meaning of "unreal, false,..."
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Okay, okay. I guess the "other option" is streaking away with it. I'm not bitter. Me? Bitter? (Gets out marker pen, scribbles over CD cover) Heh heh. That's better. Now it's called #@?@$@$####$?$$##
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

carefule eugene wrote:"Nep" in dutch has the meaning of "unreal, false,..."
That's wild. I like it even more now.

Unreal tunes.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Isn't there a "group" called The Neptunes...or is it just Neptunes?

Either way...it just seems like a whole other can of worms...and I don't particularly feel like breaking out the can opener on this one.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Well, it seems to me it doesnt matter now.
None of is Pink is going to win.
Bummer :evil:

I whas allready in the process of putting NepTunes in the cd artwork.

Damn!t
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Damn!t wrote:I whas allready in the process of putting NepTunes in the cd artwork.
:twisted:
Why don't you do it anyway, then when it comes to burning time accidentally send off the wrong cover?

Just a suggestion. I don't want to be seen to be encouraging naughtiness.
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:I don't want to be seen to be encouraging naughtiness.
:smt117 You encourager of nautiness!!!!!!!! :lol:
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

psssst damn!t :smt021
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Mooner wrote:psssst damn!t :smt021
Sorry boss. :oops: