Contribute Your Artwork!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Ok all you artsy peoples with digital cameras - get clickin'. Everything that's been sent in so far has worked up real good but more would surely make the finals look even better. Remember, this is a Floyd theme so a perfectly posed picture of your little sister isn't necessary, but an abstract of what could be an albatross flying out of the sun would fit quite nicely.

To date there's only been 14 (yeah, 14!) contributors, with me, Obscured Echoes, and FromNorth submitting the bulk of it. C'mon, this is your 15 minutes of fame 8) , don't pass it up :lol: .

Since Ridan has chosen a new road to travel (miss you already girl!) it's probably a good idea to take another person on board the artwork team (hope you don't mind SDPilot). PM me if you're interested. And if you have a Masters in fine arts... you're hired :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last thing - we havn't returned to the old NPF website software so posting art directly into these messages ain't possible :cry:. I know I could find somewhere on the web to dump a few final artwork examples and then link them back here, but I've been just so darned busy watching TV and taking naps that I just havn't had time to fit it into my brutal schedule. Maybe the new volunteer could help with that.

Send pix! Become world famous!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Mooner wrote:Since Ridan has chosen a new road to travel (miss you already girl!) it's probably a good idea to take another person on board the artwork team (hope you don't mind SDPilot).
Oh not at all! My role in this is simply the guy that gathers the audio and places it side by side with a little tweaking, the artwork side is a completely different ball game that is yours to run, I have complete confidence in you buddy!
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

did u get it ?

Post by Welcome to my machine »

Hey Moony, have u received the files i sent u ? what did u think? hope they are ok...shame not many people have contributed but that means more for us, which is exciting, but yeah I'm sure mor people will contribute

cheers
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Re: did u get it ?

Post by Mooner »

Welcome to my machine wrote:Hey Moony, have u received the files i sent u ? what did u think? hope they are ok...shame not many people have contributed but that means more for us, which is exciting, but yeah I'm sure mor people will contribute

cheers
Yes, the artwork made it through. Very nice work! Everyone, please add your NPF username to your message when you send.

I think everyone contributing should get a credit somewhere on the CD pages. Rather than fire up a poll, post here if you think NPF usernames should be credited or should your real names be used?
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Both FromNorth and Damn!t have joined the artwork team - a big round of applause :smt038 and pats on the back for both. :smt023 Their help is greatly appreciated but they've got their work cut out for them :smt100

We're getting near the end so get your submissions in quickly. :smt115
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Come on people!!!
Send us some of the art that i know you all have at home!

Stick a triangle on your cat's head or something...That will do for DSOTM :lol:

No, seriously, send us something that reminds you of Pink Floyd.
We are running out of time here.
Remember, the art should be YOUR visual interpretation of Pink Floyd.

P.S. Stu and Mooner, we are running out of space on yahoo. Something must be deleted from that account and i'm not sure i'm the one to do it.
I'v send a rather large "art" file and it's not coming thru...

Cheerio!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Damn!t wrote:P.S. Stu and Mooner, we are running out of space on yahoo. Something must be deleted from that account and i'm not sure i'm the one to do it.
I'v send a rather large "art" file and it's not coming thru...
Coincidentally Im going through them at the moment, I just decided to take 5 minutes out and have a quick look in here, Ive managed to free up 7% by making a start on the 'sent box', more will be freed up over the next couple of hours.
Damn!t wrote: Stick a triangle on your cat's head or something...That will do for DSOTM :lol:
Or on your cats rear end, Backside of the Moon anyone?
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

When is the absolute deadline of artwork ?

Post by Welcome to my machine »

i might be able to contribute one more pieces of artwork/graphics....but i dont know how soon i can do it,i will try to get it to u mooner asap
cheers
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Re: did u get it ?

Post by Charade I am »

Mooner wrote: I think everyone contributing should get a credit somewhere on the CD pages. Rather than fire up a poll, post here if you think NPF usernames should be credited or should your real names be used?
nicks, names and country would be cool, that way "they"?ll see pink floyd fans are just all around the world....I don?t know, just a suggestion.
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Charade I am. I like your idea :smt023
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Mooner wrote:Charade I am. I like your idea :smt023
I don?t know, maybe like: Gabriel "Charade I am" Pizarro (Peru), you know? or something like that....
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Many people have been asking if it's too late to send in artwork. No. We'll be including ALL artwork submitted right up until a few days before this fantastic project premiers. It may not be on the front cover but it surely will be in there somewhere. So keep it coming people :lol:
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

i was kinda hoping that i could do the layout for some pages. i've got lots of nice photos, but i'm not sure which ones to send you. if you give me some song titles that need artwork, i can come up with designs to go with them. i'm handy with copy layout, having been a fanzine editor for years.

lemme know if that's something you need done and i'll try to make some time you guys for sure!
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

missbee wrote:i was kinda hoping that i could do the layout for some pages. i've got lots of nice photos, but i'm not sure which ones to send you. if you give me some song titles that need artwork, i can come up with designs to go with them. i'm handy with copy layout, having been a fanzine editor for years.

lemme know if that's something you need done and i'll try to make some time you guys for sure!
I'd love to accomodate you missbee, but I'd probably get shot if I tipped the hat on the song list. simpledumbpilot is your man. None-the-less, how would you like to put something together with the CD title in mind. Since NOUIP has taken the lead, I've found myself focusing on it as I put artwork together... your additions would be very appreciated. 8)
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Come on people!!!

Send us some of the art that i know you all have at home!

We are running out of time here.

Remember, the art should be YOUR visual interpretation of Pink Floyd