Contribute Your Artwork!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

i sent more did u get it ?

Post by Welcome to my machine »

yes ui sent 2 more pieces but no one told me if they received it ? let me know..as i like the last pieces I did...and what happens to all this art ? booklet or what?..
missbee
Axe
Axe

artwork sent

Post by missbee »

last night i sent in 4 or 5 pages, all in separate emails. hope they got through ok and are of use. i'm still offering to do the additional text layout for the photos i sent, too, so let me know...
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Last art mail that we've recieved whas from lando2k.
I just checked. So, if you can please send them again, both of you.
I'm really sorry folks, but nothing arrived yet.

Mail is; [email protected]

Cheerio!

:)
missbee
Axe
Axe

ah

Post by missbee »

ok i had sent them to the person asking for the art... oops!

i'm sending them now. they are really big, so i hope they get through ok. i wanted to give you full 300 dpi quality, in case you are printing anything. if you'd rather have 72, though, i can do that, as well.

i'm heading off to beddy bye now. til tomorrow.
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Re: ah

Post by Mooner »

missbee wrote:ok i had sent them to the person asking for the art... oops!

i'm sending them now. they are really big, so i hope they get through ok. i wanted to give you full 300 dpi quality, in case you are printing anything. if you'd rather have 72, though, i can do that, as well.

i'm heading off to beddy bye now. til tomorrow.
Thanks for the artwork missbee. My ISP was complaining quite loudly that my account space was busting at the seams :smt073 No harm done though, they can whine all they want, I really don't care. :lol:
But it is a good idea to send it to the yahoo account - [email protected] . And you don't need to worry about the resolution density. IMO it's better to start with hi density and work down than the other way around. BTW, very nice stuff you've sent in... don't stop now :lol:
missbee
Axe
Axe

ok great

Post by missbee »

glad you got those ok. i sent them all to the yahoo account as well.

just let me know if you'd like me to finish typesetting any of the ones i gave titles, or if you need the artwork without titles. i'm happy to do layouts with the band credits and everything.

i'll poke around and see what else might look good in that squarish format. lots of sunset photos, if "fat old sun" needs a graphic!
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Check with Damn!t, missbee. He'll be the one working up the text on the pages. :lol:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Yup, as my boss (like to call him like that...and i think he likes it too lol) said, i'll be the one who's gonna do the "text job".

But first we're gonna have to pick what we are going to use, and in what order. All of you folks have contributed great stuff so far, and dont worry, we're going to use everything for the booklet.
Stu will send me the text info about artists and their covers and mosespa has to do an introduction piece about the whole project.

After that i'll see with what i can make you busy, missbee.
Your offer is much appriciated.
Btw. nice job with those pics.

Cheers!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Altho I dont have a completed running order for discs 1 and 2 yet, you guys culd always make a start on the Dark Side section if thats any help, Im still waiting for the guy thats done Brain Damage / Eclipse to get back to me with his responses for the booklet but I can send on the ones I have for the rest of the album.

Are you guys still going with one song per page? this idea was put forward very early in the project when we had no idea just how big it would get, I was thinking, if you go with one song per page now, when printed, the booklet wont fit in a CD case.
missbee
Axe
Axe

gee

Post by missbee »

you are so right. the print job on this would be ENORMOUS!
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

simpledumbpilot wrote:...we had no idea just how big it would get, I was thinking, if you go with one song per page now, when printed, the booklet wont fit in a CD case.
Hmmm... :-k I suppose there's two ways to look at that problem. If we include all the beautiful artwork sent in by everyone then we'd have to reduce their sizes to a scale that would make them unrecognizable - but they'd fit inside a CD case. On the other hand, if we make one page per song, then as long as they're printed on onion paper, they'll fit. Hmmm... :-k
How 'bout we just make as many as are needed and let those wanting to print them figure out the details? :lol:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

I think we should def. use two songs per page. That will make 23 pages only for songs. And there will be some aditional material also to put in the booklet.
Let's say there will be 30 pages only for the booklet... :shock:
If we'll use 2 songs per page, font size should be perfect and readable.
This is what i think, and this is what we should do mes amis...

Damn has spoken :smt091
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

WHAT???

Post by Welcome to my machine »

yea I sent them at least twice, one was a dedication to wish u were here and another of all their albums...is your email address clogged...well to tell you the truth my internet connection isnt that reliable and hotmail is so crap!!! and i still want to know how the printing is going to work ? will we all recive actual copies of booklets ? o have to download them and print them out ourselves...someone please 'speak to me'
hahahah
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Yup, your artwork is in the collection. When the CD's are complete they'll be packaged with the covers, trays and CD labels probably in JPEG format. 8)
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

I sent a couple of pics in, but forgot to put my npf nick. (its the chick by the river and the staircase. Sorry.