Can you come down and play in Brighton, England?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Can you come down and play in Brighton, England?

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I've been thinking about the possibilities of doing a small launch party for the CD down here in Brighton, I run a monthly club night here so the venue is sorted, all I would need would be for about 4 CD contributors to come down and help play an evening of Pink Floyd music live. We could also give out free copies of the tribute on the door thus getting it into the hands of people that would probably never hear or know of the tribute project and it could be a fun evening. If you are interested please let me know.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Im very interested, someone will cover airfair, right?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

seamusz wrote:Im very interested, someone will cover airfair, right?
:lol:
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

I'm interested - I only live down the road in Eastbourne
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

black bobble wrote:I'm interested - I only live down the road in Eastbourne
Thats perfect! can you put together at least a half hour set of Floyd tunes? possibly longer if there are less people involved? what Id like to do would be to have 4 different acts playing with the tribute CD playing during swift change overs.
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

Depends when- I'll probably have to play with just computer, keyboards etc as I operform solo. At the moment only have 2 Floyd songs - but maybe able to come up with more, given time
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

At the moment Im thinking the earliest date would be in July to allow for it all to be arranged tho we are most likely looking at August as peple will need to get sets together. It would definitely be good to have someone covering the more electronic aspect of Floyd material too and of course re-interpreting some of the other material, your On The Run and Matilda Mother are both great! and its actually a bit of a bonus that you would be solo as that makes the change over a lot easier. One soung that would adapt well to your set up is Yet Another Movie, that should be pretty easy to put together, of course you might not like that song tho.
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

That will give me enouigh time - I have a week off in a couple of weeks so I'll be able to wotk on some tracks
monsoon33
Embryo
Embryo

Post by monsoon33 »

Only if I lived in England!! Shucks!!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

black bobble wrote:Depends when- I'll probably have to play with just computer, keyboards etc as I operform solo. At the moment only have 2 Floyd songs - but maybe able to come up with more, given time
Dude...it would be massively cool if your live interpretation were different from your recorded interpretation.

It would be even cooler if all the acts were recorded for the "bootleg" disc being planned, as well.

Just came up with that one right now :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

I was thinking of filming it as well so we could even knock up a DVD of the show and perhaps include other bits as well. I could use tracks from the tribute as opening and closing titles and probably come up with other ways of getting other tracks included.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Tour of england...:)

Post by ironbaden »

I would love to come over and play but ....finances and such.....how bout if I send a video of meself playin TIME......:)...Play it on the big screen....lol
stranger at home
Axe
Axe

Post by stranger at home »

Wow. this is such a great idea. If only I wasn't in Canada, I would surely join you for this gig. Distributing the CD to the unsuspecting public is also a very cool idea. AND The DVD/Filming of it is also an awesome idea! Keep 'em coming!!!
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

its abit of a treck..?? cash flow etc
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Wish I could...if I wasn't unemployed and seriously strapped for cash right now, I'd arrange a holiday. I'd stay with my sister (she lives in Southampton) and make the jaunt over to Brighton for the gig. Bummer that I can't. :(