NPF tribute Artwork - comments please!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

NPF tribute Artwork - comments please!

Post by Damn!t »

Ok people, since you can download the complete artwork now, and finally see it all, i would like your second opinion on all this.
Constructive critics are most welcome since we're planning to do volume 2 after our "summer break".
Hopefully we'll have enaugh of beautifull art as we had for this volume.
And i hope i'll be working with the same team i whas working with now.

So, HIT US!!! :smt079

:D
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I've got to say i'm impressed with it, a very professional piece of work. I try to make covers for all my RoIOs (mostly d/loaded from the Walter Romanus site) and this fits in nicely with the best of them. :D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

TOP NOTCH work, gang.

It all looks really...really...REALLY nice...and even that doesn't seem to do it justice.

Good shit.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

OK, I have a criticism, not every page is as outstanding as the one for ITAOT! but at the end of the day it is not a criticism at all!, quite simply youve done such an amazing page of artwork for that particular song that it just can not be topped! only disc 3 to be uploaded now and the world will hear this!

OK, I guess I should offer a reason why its not there yet, well...the first wednesday of every month I run a club night where my electronic band plays, we played tonight to a very small but appreciative crowd, then the place started filling and as I was at the bar I started hearing chants for us to play again!! I was apprehensive at first but my fellow keyboard player (we were doing a stripped down set tonight) said ''fuck it, lets do it! they''ll either stay or they'll leave!'' so we threw caution to the wind and went for it, it was the second best gig Ive played in my life! anyways, I guess the moral of the story is that...as much as I would like to dedicate untold amounts of time to this project, I do have a personal life going on and this is a spare time thing, it was planned that the release would be in June and even if its another 3 weeks away it will still be in June, altho in reality it will only be a couple of days away (this weekend to be precise) but you get my point. I know people are busting at the seams to hear this and Im busting at the seams for them to hear it but bear with me, it will be worth it!
IainS
Blade
Blade

Post by IainS »

tbh, I rushed straight to the page that contained my tune.......and nearly cried.

It's beautiful......as is the rest.

A great job done by all the artists involved....lets hope the music can match th ebooklet and cover!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

To Ian; "it's all a matter of using the tools that are available, when they're available" - RW.
We had some beautifull pics given to us to use. Only thing i had to have in mind is where i'm gonna use them, and how will they fit with particular song.
Yea, obscured by clouds whas a good pick i guess. So is Stu's favorite ITAOT. Alternative 4 gave us a nice pic to use.
I would be blind not to use it in that particular spot.

As for you Stu....you, you...i dont know how to call you...why the hell are you apologysing?
I mean, you're the guy who's done most of the work on this project. Jeezzz....i told you that before. Dont be so Damn humble. This thing will be out in a couple of days.
A day or two before or after, what's the difference?
I did this becouse i love Pink Floyd. No, i worship Pink Floyd. And so do you and so does everybody else who were included in this thing.
Of course we have our private lives out of all this, and this is a spare time thing.
All i'm saying is that you of all people shouldnt apologise becouse of couple of days delay. Ok?
IainS
Blade
Blade

Post by IainS »

and I've just noticed my Avatar on the Front cover......he's called Pinky, btw....it all fits, doesn't it?
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

IainS wrote:and I've just noticed my Avatar on the Front cover......he's called Pinky, btw....it all fits, doesn't it?
...hehe
You really like that cat, dont you? :)
I mean, cant you just say to her that you want him back?
Or you cant, couse that would only complicate things?
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Both you and FromNorth did an incredible job, Damn!t. I was worried earlier on that the variety of artwork would cause the book to look too scattered and disjointed. But somehow you both pulled it off. Very nice work and a prize in my collection. Thanks.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

I think it would look scattered if we didnt used the idea - one pic for one page. If we started mixing them all together on one page it would look terrible.
And the pics would look rather small, when printed.
This way we have beautifull backgrounds that dont interfere with text much.
Text has to be readable, but one must olso see the art right.
I think we accomplished that.

Thanks Stephen!
And every credit to you too m8t!
You were also a big part of all that. :wink:
IainS
Blade
Blade

Post by IainS »

Damn!t wrote:You really like that cat, dont you? :)
I mean, cant you just say to her that you want him back?
Or you cant, couse that would only complicate things?
It would complicate so much and it would just confuse Pinky..... :cry:
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

I only just realised you could download the artwork page by page and not just in one big block. I'm prioritising getting on with the SHN download so I've only grabbed a few of the artwork pages, but I must say it's all excellent. I particularly like the front cover and the inside back cover. Splendid stuff, all round. Everybody give themselves a pat on the back.

A toast to all the Master Craftsmen (that's men as in species, ie. women too) on this forum!
Lexxy
Blade
Blade

Post by Lexxy »

Simply amazing guys :D
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Will someone here finally say; Don't like it at all, it looks like crap!?
(so i can eat his liver)

This is too Damn good, i didnt expect that. :?
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I highly doubt anyone would think your good art is crap