NPF tribute Artwork - comments please!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

Damn!t wrote:Will someone here finally say; Don't like it at all, it looks like crap!?
(so i can eat his liver)

This is too Damn good, i didnt expect that. :?
So far so good...

Now we only have to wait for Storm Thorgerson to contact us and ask NPF to do the booklet for the next Pink Floyd Album. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

FromNorth wrote:
Damn!t wrote:Will someone here finally say; Don't like it at all, it looks like crap!?
(so i can eat his liver)

This is too Damn good, i didnt expect that. :?
So far so good...

Now we only have to wait for Storm Thorgerson to contact us and ask NPF to do the booklet for the next Pink Floyd Album. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's calling me all afternoon, and i finaly said to him; back off Strom, you're history man .
Sorry Gunnar, but i gave him your number :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

simpledumbpilot wrote:OK, I have a criticism, not every page is as outstanding as the one for ITAOT!
Mmm. I really like that one too. Very atmospheric, but with a touch of loneliness or melancholy perhaps. I only hope whoever did the music did a good enough job to be worthy of it.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

My personal favorite is the one on the beginning of Dark Side part.
Dark Side starts with "Breathe, breathe in the air" .
What can be more appropriate then choosing a pic with hot air baloon on it.
I remembered i did couple of magnificent shots when i for the first time went flying with baloon. It whas beautifull.
I'v picked this picture out of a pile of others i'v done, and it seems to me now it fits perfectly.
So, i'll probably think on my first baloon flight next time i hear "Breathe" :)
Norbert Wilkins wrote:...I only hope whoever did the music did a good enough job to be worthy of it.
...i'm sure it will Barney. Cant wait to hear what you did. Actually, i wanted to contribute that song too for tribute. Guess you were faster.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

gawd this is kewl. the artwork looks great. can't wait to hit the printer and put the package together!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

It all looks fantastic! And very "Floydian" too. Those pictures of cloudy valleys are beautiful. Hmmm...obscured by clouds...

Although, and I really hate to point out an error, and realize nothing can be done about it now, but... Somehow along the way, there was a mix-up in the spelling of my band name "Orange Apostrophe". It ended up right inside the booklet, but not on the back cover. Oh well, no biggie. I don't actually have a band, per se, it was just a name I came up with for this particular project. I'll probably even use a different name for volume two!!! (same forum name, though, of course, so you will still know it's me :) )
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Massed Gadgets wrote: there was a mix-up in the spelling of my band name "Orange Apostrophe"
Damn!t :evil:

Sorry m8t... :oops:
lando2k
Axe
Axe

Post by lando2k »

great work you've done! thanks a lot! you used my pictures as good as it gets!
Massed Gadgets wrote:Those pictures of cloudy valleys are beautiful. Hmmm...obscured by clouds...
as i've contributed some "cloudy valley" pictures (pages 2, 15 & 24), here their short story: i've taken them one afternoon, late in last november when i was walking up the "Bachtel", a hill 1100m above sealevel in the zurich region, about 10km from my home. while shooting i was thinking "really OBC" :wink:

for me it was a great afternoon, then. from now on it will be a day i'll never forget, thanks to you! :)
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

lando2k wrote:great work you've done! thanks a lot! you used my pictures as good as it gets!
Massed Gadgets wrote:Those pictures of cloudy valleys are beautiful. Hmmm...obscured by clouds...
as i've contributed some "cloudy valley" pictures (pages 2, 15 & 24), here their short story: i've taken them one afternoon, late in last november when i was walking up the "Bachtel", a hill 1100m above sealevel in the zurich region, about 10km from my home. while shooting i was thinking "really OBC" :wink:

for me it was a great afternoon, then. from now on it will be a day i'll never forget, thanks to you! :)
Thank you! I am glad you like how we used your photographes.

It is also very interesting to read the story behind the photographes.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

FromNorth wrote:It is also very interesting to read the story behind the photographes.
Agreed, would anyone else care to share the stories behind their pictures?
Qjamination
Embryo
Embryo

Artwork

Post by Qjamination »

Just a really top notch job done by all.

I am sure there is more where this came from.

Drinks all around!!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Damn!t wrote:
Massed Gadgets wrote: there was a mix-up in the spelling of my band name "Orange Apostrophe"

No problem Damn!t, these things happen. Like I said, it was only a name I made up on the fly anyway. So we're cool. :)

And I still think the artwork is damn fabulous!
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

Damn!t wrote:

If you check his spelling above...

I am not supriced...suppri...superize..su.. :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Ok, i'm buying a drink to a person who will figure Gunnars litlle "enigma" on the front cover! :D

Come on people, focus your eyes and brains!
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

I know nooothing!! :lol: :lol: :lol: