NPF tribute Artwork - comments please!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

FromNorth wrote:I know nooothing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep it quiet Gunnar! :-$
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
FromNorth wrote:It is also very interesting to read the story behind the photographes.
Agreed, would anyone else care to share the stories behind their pictures?
no deep meaning to any of my artwork, but here's the list of the stuff that i contributed that made the cut:

page 11 - a close up of a candle in my living room

page 14 - my eye posterized in photoshop

page 19 - a "chihuli" art glass sculpture at the bellagio hotel in las vegas

disc 1 label - a close up of the comforter on my unmade bed with the colors inverted (it's a actually tan ultra suede)

i also noticed at least 6 others on page 26, but i won't bother with that. you'd probably never figure out which images i was trying to describe.

ain't technolgy the most fun ever?
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

Can You give some information about this drink? How large, how expensive, how you send it to the "winner".... mail???? :roll:
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

davidjay wrote:
simpledumbpilot wrote: Agreed, would anyone else care to share the stories behind their pictures?
no deep meaning to any of my artwork, but here's the list of the stuff that i contributed that made the cut:

page 11 - a close up of a candle in my living room

page 14 - my eye posterized in photoshop

page 19 - a "chihuli" art glass sculpture at the bellagio hotel in las vegas

disc 1 label - a close up of the comforter on my unmade bed with the colors inverted (it's a actually tan ultra suede)

i also noticed at least 6 others on page 26, but i won't bother with that. you'd probably never figure out which images i was trying to describe.

ain't technolgy the most fun ever?
Now I know how you made the "Chihuli". It is a very beautiful picture.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

Now I know how you made the "Chihuli". It is a very beautiful picture.
thank you. it's an installation that's lit from behind that hangs over one of the seating areas at the hotel. the camera angle is from my point of view, standing underneath it and looking up. it's spectacular in person. when you're in the room, you almost feel like you're floating in an alien sea full of strange, colorful jelly fish. i'm a big fan of dale chihuli's work, so getting to see such a large piece of his artwork "in the flesh" was really a treat.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Yup, litlle leveling, filtering and sharpening and voila ... just about any colour you like ... and i like all of 'em. :D
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

I think it looks great!
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

Post by Welcome to my machine »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
FromNorth wrote:It is also very interesting to read the story behind the photographes.
Agreed, would anyone else care to share the stories behind their pictures?
Haha I'm grateful for two pages having my artwork in it as well as my old avatar! nice one

hmmm

why i picked those pix.

first one was the image on the wish you were here page....love the image so powerful...one guy burning out (syd) and the other burn free (dave)...but hand shaking on common ground..great aways loved it...and i love the song...first floyd song i fell in love with (but most would say that)

2nd one was on the comfortanly numb page...loved the whole cigarette on the couch thing...powerful image....as Roger said he actually saw Syd in that situation....absolutly love the darkness of the song...especially on Pulse and the video is amazing...with guy pratt, rick and i forget what the other keyboardist is called harmonizing roger's bit...amazing! and the solo...intoxicating....and although I dislike the wall and it didnt do anything for me, that image of Geldof (pink) on the couch with the cigarette, to me summed up comfortably numb....

cheers
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

Post by Welcome to my machine »

I do have one or two citicisms though, i have to say im not too keen on the first 2 cd disc designs...looked like someone chose a default deseign from Nero....sorry...but the 3rd is out of this world.....sorry
that was all i had to say

please don't kill me
pretty please :cry:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

...heh :)
3rd one is my design completely 8)
please dont kill me, pretty please
Nah, we wont kill you...we'll eat your liver.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

Damn!t wrote:Ok, i'm buying a drink to a person who will figure Gunnars litlle "enigma" on the front cover! :D

Come on people, focus your eyes and brains!
okay, i've been waiting for somebody else to post the "solution" to this challenge because it's a long way from california to croatia for a drink. after several days, i can't stand it anymore. it's totally obvious. isn't anybody thinking outside the box (or wall, actually)?

the front cover represents "the wall" show as the wall is being built up between the band and the audience. the avatars are the bricks. the "npr tribute" logo is shown on the floyd's tradmark round rear-projection screen, and the sheep are the audience watching the show. (only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air)

thanks, damn!t. make mine a laphroaig with a spash of spring water, please. slanjevar!
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

davidjay wrote:
Damn!t wrote:Ok, i'm buying a drink to a person who will figure Gunnars litlle "enigma" on the front cover! :D

Come on people, focus your eyes and brains!
okay, i've been waiting for somebody else to post the "solution" to this challenge because it's a long way from california to croatia for a drink. after several days, i can't stand it anymore. it's totally obvious. isn't anybody thinking outside the box (or wall, actually)?

the front cover represents "the wall" show as the wall is being built up between the band and the audience. the avatars are the bricks. the "npr tribute" logo is shown on the floyd's tradmark round rear-projection screen, and the sheep are the audience watching the show. (only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air)

thanks, damn!t. make mine a laphroaig with a spash of spring water, please. slanjevar!
It is an excellent description of how the front cover is designed :D . You got all Pink Floyd symbols we put in to it. The cheep are also representing the Pink Floyd fans (Roger Waters interpretation from Animals)

But maybe there is something else in the front cover :wink: :?:
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

FromNorth wrote:
But maybe there is something else in the front cover :wink: :?:
hmm. i'll have to meditate upon this further.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

FromNorth wrote:But maybe there is something else in the front cover :wink: :?:
Hmm, curiouser and curiouser :smt017

Good to see Skeletor on the cover :D and I think I spotted Sylvia Saint :shock:
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

well, i guess i'm stumped. i thought it was the obvious metephorical imagery. here's what i see. there are reflections only under the words "none" and "pink" in the title. the "n" in npf is backwards. subtract the "n" from the title and you get "one of us is pink". there are a total of 44 pictures that make up "the wall". 22 on each side. i don't recognize them all as avatars of npf members. perhaps some are not. (do i spy the smashing pumpkins on row 3 on the right side?) the only picture that is repeated is the "flying pig". the layout of the wall is symetrical except for the centermost pictures on the row second from the top. the "back catologue" picture on the left is oriented horizontally and the "cello player" picture is vertical. the layout of the rows of bricks is as follows:

bottom row - 5 bricks (per side)
row 2 - 5 bricks
row 3 - 4 bricks
row 4 - 3 bricks
row 5 - 3 bricks
top row - 2 bricks

there are a total of 6 rows of bricks. in the "i ching" a hexagram is comprised of 6 lines. perhaps by assigning numeric values to the rows of bricks, a hexagram may be formed. i'll have to break out my i ching when i get home from work (yes, i'm gettin' payed to post this!) and try to puzzle that out. just how deep does this rabbit hole go? as gumby said, "my brain hurts!" do you have any idea as to how much of my life i wasted trying to solve the "publius enigma"? i stared at the division bell artwork until my eyes were cross! btw, for those of you who still believe, here's a clue:
http://davidjay.tripod.com/enigma/index.html
that's it for now. it's time for a nap!