NPF tribute Artwork - comments please!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

davidjay wrote:well, i guess i'm stumped. i thought it was the obvious metephorical imagery. here's what i see. there are reflections only under the words "none" and "pink" in the title. the "n" in npf is backwards. subtract the "n" from the title and you get "one of us is pink". there are a total of 44 pictures that make up "the wall". 22 on each side. i don't recognize them all as avatars of npf members. perhaps some are not. (do i spy the smashing pumpkins on row 3 on the right side?) the only picture that is repeated is the "flying pig". the layout of the wall is symetrical except for the centermost pictures on the row second from the top. the "back catologue" picture on the left is oriented horizontally and the "cello player" picture is vertical. the layout of the rows of bricks is as follows:

bottom row - 5 bricks (per side)
row 2 - 5 bricks
row 3 - 4 bricks
row 4 - 3 bricks
row 5 - 3 bricks
top row - 2 bricks

there are a total of 6 rows of bricks. in the "i ching" a hexagram is comprised of 6 lines. perhaps by assigning numeric values to the rows of bricks, a hexagram may be formed. i'll have to break out my i ching when i get home from work (yes, i'm gettin' payed to post this!) and try to puzzle that out. just how deep does this rabbit hole go? as gumby said, "my brain hurts!" do you have any idea as to how much of my life i wasted trying to solve the "publius enigma"? i stared at the division bell artwork until my eyes were cross! btw, for those of you who still believe, here's a clue:
http://davidjay.tripod.com/enigma/index.html
that's it for now. it's time for a nap!
The bricks are the avatars from forummembers who have submited songs or artwork (Not everyone had an avatar).

I have started a new thread about this "rumour" :lol: about an enigma
jmr
Axe
Axe

Post by jmr »

ahh... My comment is not so much on the actual artwork (which is awesome) but the templates used for the CD DISC art. I think it would be better to remove the grey (or white on CD3) circle in the center, and extend the edge of the disc image a little bit. My CD Label kit uses Full Coverage labels which extend right to center hole.
Any chance of 'Full Coverage' disc labels being released?
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

Post by Welcome to my machine »

i hate to finsh...but no one commented on my art work :smt022 ....

well art is a tough field.....
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

Welcome to my machine wrote:i hate to finsh...but no one commented on my art work :smt022 ....

Of course, everyone should receive comments of the work they have done. Here is some thoughts from a member of the artwork team.

Your pictures are in the ?poster gengre? and I like them a lot. You use known ?Pink Floyd pictures?, and then change/combine them in a very creative way. Good work! The only negative thing is that they are not 100 % original (your own) artwork.

Only two of your pictures were included in the booklet, but all of your pictures have the same good quality. The picture ?Pink on the couch? was also a strong candidate for the front cover.

I hope this comment make you more happy :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Welcome to my machine wrote:i hate to finsh...but no one commented on my art work :smt022 ....

Im sure I saw a comment about the same picture you have as your avatar somewhere, trouble is the comments are dotted around various threads so tricky to find but someone did say something, im sure of it, and it was positive too. I like your pics as well, nice re-interpreatation of Pink monged on the couch!
jmr
Axe
Axe

Post by jmr »

Phew... I just finished printing/cutting/folding/cutting again/stapling the booklet... MAN... there was a LOT of paper scraps flying around!
Since I do not have any CD cases that store 3 discs, I did mine in 2 cases (one double case, one single case), and I made a few changes to the art to accomodate this. However, I kept the booklet as-is. One suggestion: MAKE IT TWO BOOKLETS NEXT TIME! IT'S TOO DAMN THICK TO FIT IN THE CD CASE!! (I used regular paper for all of the inner pages & One glossy sheet for the outer page (cover/inside cover)).
So yeah... despite the overall thickness, the booklet turned out great. Artwork is awesome, but you guys already know that...

Now, if I only had the actual discs to go into the cases, I'd be set!!
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

FromNorth wrote:
Your pictures are in the ?poster gengre? and I like them a lot. You use known ?Pink Floyd pictures?, and then change/combine them in a very creative way. Good work! The only negative thing is that they are not 100 % original (your own) artwork.

Only two of your pictures were included in the booklet, but all of your pictures have the same good quality. The picture ?Pink on the couch? was also a strong candidate for the front cover.

I hope this comment make you more happy :D
thanks for the constructive critism...thanks a lot really appreciate it...and as for a strong candadate for the cover....hahah im chuffed!!! didnt think it would.....thanks a lot...

just feel like I fished...but at least i caught a whopper....as for 100% my work....true.. but being a new floyd fan hence the 'AXE', I did what i know...but you are right ...next time....but cheers...and thanks for your contributions too...they were great.....MR DIVISION BELL...fav album ?
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

simpledumbpilot wrote:
Im sure I saw a comment about the same picture you have as your avatar somewhere, trouble is the comments are dotted around various threads so tricky to find but someone did say something, im sure of it, and it was positive too. I like your pics as well, nice re-interpreatation of Pink monged on the couch!
and Stu, dont think i missed you!!...thanks man..really appreciate it...haha i wish i saw that message about my avatar...hahah i recently changed it back to Pink....as it appears on the front cover...so even though it was hard to remove my gif thing....i was happy to return to this one! thanks
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

jmr wrote:One suggestion: MAKE IT TWO BOOKLETS NEXT TIME! IT'S TOO DAMN THICK TO FIT IN THE CD CASE!! (I used regular paper for all of the inner pages & One glossy sheet for the outer page (cover/inside cover))
I have search the internet for thin glossy paper (both sides) but it is hard to find this kind of paper. If someone know what paper we should use for the booklet, let us know!
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I love your avatar, and think it really fits in with the whole Floydian theme... Good work, dear boy!
(BTW: Noone has commented on my artwork, either- not that i have found, anyway.... but its really cool to see it on the project...You guys did an awesome job!)
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

ObscuredEchoes wrote:

I love your avatar, and think it really fits in with the whole Floydian theme... Good work, dear boy!
(BTW: Noone has commented on my artwork, either- not that i have found, anyway.... but its really cool to see it on the project...You guys did an awesome job!)
thanks man...its nothing special just some traced vector art of a guy siting in a couch...done in Adobe Illustrator...love photoshop more though...you familiar with this kind of software...how could u not be
cheers
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Welcome to my machine wrote: thanks man...its nothing special just some traced vector art of a guy siting in a couch...done in Adobe Illustrator...love photoshop more though...you familiar with this kind of software...how could u not be
cheers
I've HEARD of the Adobe programs, but, unfortunately, have never had the privelege of using them... I've just got the good ol Windows Paint program, that came with my puter... :?
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

What artwork did u contribute...what pages are u...or descibre it...mine wads the wish you were hear and comfortably numb page...wow u contributed artwork done in paint....hahahah i have to see it...u could be a pro..but u dont know it...that programm is so basic as a graphic design fan i dont see how anyone could use it
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

The pieces that I contributed weren't all done in Paint- but a couple of them were... Some were sculptures, that I cast in sterling silver; Some were hand- done portraits/paintings/drawings, etc.; I've done very little computer artwork, as I'm still kinda new to the whole cyber-thing.... and, as you know, I have a limited computer palette...lol. :D
Here's a list of the pieces (that I've found;) on the cover/ in the booklet of the tribute album:
1) Page 6: Sterling Pigasus... it's actual size is less than 1/2" x 1/2"; I only cast 6 of them- ever- (but I do still have my mold and mold master)... Nick :smt049 (Drafsack) has one of them. (1996)
2) Page 16: Portrait of Dave, done in Paint! I call it "Wicked/Invert. blue" (2003)
3) On the cover: 2 of my silver Floydian rings that I made- The Wall, and DSotM... picture doesn't really show that they are rings- just silverish images... (When I die, this will be the one major way to positively identify my body.... i wear them together- DSotM over The Wall, on my left, middle finger...always...) (1996)
4) My first portrait of Dave- from his solo About Face album cover, a freehand pen and ink stipple drawing. (12/93)
5) My travelling concert banner- painted on a pink dropcloth, using latex house paint, and a 2-1/2" angled trim brush- it reads, "Floyd'n from PHX."
I made it for the 1987-88 MLoR tour. (1987)
6) My "Fiery" avatar of Dave, same one I still use... (2004)
7) A pencil sketch of young Dave's facial profile (2005)
8) Another Paint portrait of Dave, from the 94 DB tour... blue tones, spotlight from the upper left... (He's singing)... (2004)
***Hang on- I have to go look at the cover again... lol....*****
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

okay... just a few more....
9) A painted portrait of Roger- (about 1977-1980 era;) singing... (I did it in 2005); and, next to it,
10) Another portrait of Dave, (circa 1970-72)- (2004? maybe 2005...)
11) A simple, line-drawing cartoon aeroswine... (2003)

I think that about covers it... :roll: