NPF Tribute CD Vol 2?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Well, since I usually cite Umma Gumma as my favourite Floyd album, I pretty much gotta love Several Species! Will be very interesting to hear your cover.

My friend and I have talked about a few various songs we want to cover, but I don't know if they're ones already leftover from the previous Tribute. We're hesitating, but really, really wanting to get recording...waiting for the list...... :wink:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Im gonna do a pillow of winds as the vocals are in my range and will sound mint on my new stage piano!! ;-)

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/tab/m ... _winds.txt

Lovely stuff!! 8)
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

excellent. "a pillow of winds" is one of my favorites. i miss the old simple stuff of dave's like that or "green is the colour". just a nice melody and dave's smooth voice sending me off to another place. of course i love all the heavily produced stuff from dsom on, but sometimes less is more. this next volume is gonna be great!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

I'm doing Pigs on the wing, parts 1 and 2. 8)
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Hmm... hopefully, I can get around to actually contributing something this time. If solo stuff is accepted, I'd love to try out some of Barrett's stuff.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:Im gonna do a pillow of winds as the vocals are in my range and will sound mint on my new stage piano!! ;-)

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/tab/m ... _winds.txt

Lovely stuff!! 8)
:D :smt109 What else can you sing? I can sing most of the PF songs, seriously... although Syd, Dave, Rog and Rick (& Nick :D) have different voices... well, I have to admit I mostly can't sing Rick... can, but it's hard for me ( :( since I like his voice most and his songs - one of the most)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

davidjay wrote:I have looked over Jordan and I have seen,
Things are not what they seem!
Keith Jordan :lol: :lol: :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Do there have to be only cover-versions or own compositions in the same style can be there too?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

moom wrote:Do there have to be only cover-versions or own compositions in the same style can be there too?
Its Floyd covers all the way on this one, one thing that will happen later on tho is a CD of forum members original material. There is a plan to make an official release tribute at a later date and we need to raise money for licences so the CD of original compositions will help with that.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

simpledumbpilot wrote:one thing that will happen later on tho is a CD of forum members original material. There is a plan to make an official release tribute at a later date and we need to raise money for licences so the CD of original compositions will help with that.
:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
W1P
Blade
Blade

LOL

Post by W1P »

Damn!t wrote:I'm doing Pigs on the wing, parts 1 and 2. 8)
Interestingly enough my band "Tortfeasor" did precisely that on A Fair Forgery of Pink Floyd! It's all about Us & Them
W1P
Blade
Blade

Just an idea

Post by W1P »

Perhaps we should dole out the songs based on what hasn't yet been covered in the first three NPF discs. The goal being at the end of the day to have NPF cover every single Floyd song ever released?
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

I am very honored to have been a part of Volume 1 ( Time ) and had already submitted a version of Comfortably Numb. But I'm on a Childhood's End Kick and may try to record that one..... <ii>
pinkfloydfanatic69
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pinkfloydfanatic69 »

right now i'm working on a really folk-ish version of "Jugband Blues", it'll definitly be very different than my version of wywh!

i am really excited about volume 2!!!!!!!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

recently i made a good version of "One of the few" using flute (for main theme and vocals + inserted a bit of improvisation), a bit of bass, special effects in the end and a lonely Mars-like landscape in the background. Only 2 things: flute starts in the very beginning and there are 16 unnecessary seconds in the end (instead of 2:47 it should be 2:31 mins:secs long).
where may I upload it?