A Pillow Of Winds - Help on Guitar Wanted (And preview!!)

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Pillow Of Winds - Help on Guitar Wanted (And preview!!)

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have made a quick rough recording of A Pillow Of Winds for the tribute CD and, as I am rubbish on guitar and dont have a good one, I was wondering if someone who is good on guitar would like to record some guitar tracks for it? You can use the MP3 file below as a guide and send me a WAV or high quality MP3 and I will add it.

I need some slide stuff doing and a little melodic picking here and there.

Here is the rough recording up to now (complete with mistakes)....

With Guide Vox...

http://audio.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/for ... w_wVox.mp3 (3.4MB)

Let me know what you think of it up to now anyway. I wanted an "Us and Them" sort of feel to it! ;-)
Last edited by Keith Jordan on Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Post by Any Colour »

I use Cubase SL. I'm more than happy to help you out. If you dont like it thats cool. I'll play along now and see what I can come up with.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have just done some guide vocals on it so that may help you remember where you are with it. I will upload it shortly.

I am using Cubase LE which is rubbish. I was using Cubase SX V1 but LE came with my Lexicon sound card so am using that little bugger. I want the latest version but need the latest version money!! Somebody sell me a copy with the dongle damn it!!!!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Keith, having Cubase isnt essential, as long as the guitar is in an importable audio format such as WAV, AIFF, even MP3 you'll be able to use it, seems an unnecessary way to cut your options down. Also, have you considered using strings? that would work.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have some flute organ and choir in there already to pad it out a little.... like emulsifiers in food I guess!! lol Erm, it is the little details that I need to add.... some instrumental melody... I am not sure if the strings would work for that?

I guess limiting myself to people who have cubase was a silly idea!! lol People can record a WAV for me if they like and send it on!! I will be keeping the drums from the MP3 track above and is recorded to metromone so if anyone would like to submit any guitar pieces, then please do to submissions at neptune pink floyd dot co dot uk.

I think some horns would be great in this.,.. atom heart mother meets DSotM! 8)
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Re: A Pillow Of Winds - Help on Guitar Wanted (And preview!!

Post by Any Colour »

Keith Jordan wrote:Let me know what you think of it up to now anyway. I wanted an "Us and Them" sort of feel to it! ;-)
It's funnny you should say that. I also think it has a 'stay' feel about it which is great. the drums are very good. I'll see what I can do but as stu says you could get anyone to squeeze a guitar part on there without cubase. I'm enjoying jamming to it as it goes, pausing to sip my Leffe beer in between licks.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I might just take a stab at this myself.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

mosespa wrote:I might just take a stab at this myself.
You should!! It would be nice to work with you, sir! :)
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Also, have you considered using strings? that would work.
Actually having the strings on the guitar may be your answer Keith, its worth trying, it'll improve your playing considerably :wink:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Stephen wrote:
Actually having the strings on the guitar may be your answer Keith, its worth trying, it'll improve your playing considerably :wink:
:lol: I have had a terrible day and you just made me laugh quite a bit there!! Thanks! And thanks to Ridan for chatting to me before. She is a good one is that Maryam/Ridan! 8) :lol:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Stephen wrote:
:lol: I only just got that :D its been a long day.
Flarkey
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Flarkey »

Does anyone have a decent guitar tab file for A Pillow Of Winds? Its one of my fav Floyd tunes, but the only file I have found is a crd file.

The acoustic is definately tuned to something other than EADGBe , if anyone knows the tuning i could probably work the fingerpicking out for myself.

Cheers

Flarkey Image
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Team work! The Floydian way :D
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Keith Jordan wrote:I have just done some guide vocals on it so that may help you remember where you are with it. I will upload it shortly.

I am using Cubase LE which is rubbish. I was using Cubase SX V1 but LE came with my Lexicon sound card so am using that little bugger. I want the latest version but need the latest version money!! Somebody sell me a copy with the dongle damn it!!!!
Sounds really good. How are you doing the drums?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

ironbaden wrote:
Sounds really good. How are you doing the drums?
E-MU X-Board 25 controlling my Yamaha P250. I sold my drum kit and couldnt be bothered micing up a set of drums to record them!! Naughty me!