LIVE 8 DVD PREVIEW - This has Floyd rehearsals on it!! Yay!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

coombecumber wrote:Apart from Pink Floyd, I'm not too keen on the selection. Only one track from Green Day, one from Muse and one from Placebo? And none from the Cure? Yet there's three from the Black Eyed Peas. Not to mention they left the Children Of The Revolution shambles on. :evil:
I'd have to agree there.

Why no cure and yet they put that junkie waster Pete Doherty in?
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

Hmm - it looks pretty dissapointing actually - I don't know why they can't just make the DVD of all the bits from the UK, from throughout the day, no matter who they were - and then the best bits from around the world. Instead looks like they have not put on all of the best stuff from UK - and hardly any of the good stuff from around the world.

Poor show. Just shove it all on there is what I say.
fabiofranco
Embryo
Embryo

Post by fabiofranco »

Check out http://www.live8livedvd.com The 4 DVD set we are talking about focuses on London and Philly. There will be also individual DVD releases for the remaining cities: Berlin, Paris, etc. I guees we will find there complete performances of the Cure, Placebo, Roxy Music, Green Day... even Shakira! :D
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

With the exception of the Floyd and Neil Young it?s total crap. I think I?m the lucky one I don?t have a D V D player. I pity you lot paying all that money for such shit. Why don?t you wait someone will copy all the Floyd stuff and upload it for free.

Trying to watch and listen to such shit is worse then a death sentence.
dark-floydian
Blade
Blade

Post by dark-floydian »

does this have ALL the shows, or just the ones that were performed in LONDON?
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

I bought a triple DVD on Ebay for 4quid the very next day after Live 8 (before the seller was closed down) .... it's fantastic , with menus etc. ... so I'll give the offical one a miss methinks..... I ain't shelling out 70euro for about 5mins of Floyd rehersing .... f**k that.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

wiped wrote:I ain't shelling out 70euro for about 5mins of Floyd rehersing .... f**k that.
What about ther Africans?
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Thanks to Drafsack a few of us already have superb quality copies of the Who and Floyd sets. I am really, really disappointed to see that they have included all three of Madonna's songs (Music was really boring) and cut the new song out of The Scissor Sisters' set. As the only other band I found myself liking was U2 (and no, I'm not a fan) who will doubtless have their charming "mistake" removed I think I'll just have to stick with SDP's more honest "as broadcast" compilation. Velvet Revolver's performance definitely grew on me after a few watches of the gf's VHS highlights compilation. It's a shame that they only have one track on there.

One day I'll get all the versions out of the public library and cobble together my ideal best of version with as full as possible sets from the other good bands dotted around the globe (Duran Duran, Brian Wilson, Roxy Music, Neil Young etc.) and make a completely Razorlight-free companion for sitting out in the back garden on a sunny day with a pitcher of Pimms and a few friends.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:Thanks to Drafsack a few of us already have superb quality copies of the Who and Floyd sets. I am really, really disappointed to see that they have included all three of Madonna's songs (Music was really boring) and cut the new song out of The Scissor Sisters' set. As the only other band I found myself liking was U2 (and no, I'm not a fan) who will doubtless have their charming "mistake" removed I think I'll just have to stick with SDP's more honest "as broadcast" compilation. Velvet Revolver's performance definitely grew on me after a few watches of the gf's VHS highlights compilation. It's a shame that they only have one track on there.

One day I'll get all the versions out of the public library and cobble together my ideal best of version with as full as possible sets from the other good bands dotted around the globe (Duran Duran, Brian Wilson, Roxy Music, Neil Young etc.) and make a completely Razorlight-free companion for sitting out in the back garden on a sunny day with a pitcher of Pimms and a few friends.
Hey don't worry. It's no crime to be a U2 fan! I for one love them to death!
haeggelin
Embryo
Embryo

real player

Post by haeggelin »

Dont work start publisher ??? :roll:
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Keith Jordan wrote:
wiped wrote:I ain't shelling out 70euro for about 5mins of Floyd rehersing .... f**k that.
What about ther Africans?
I bought the original Live Aid boxset so I am guiltless ... I also have a direct debit monthly payment from my wages to GOAL ..... so my original point stands ... I ain't shelling out 70Euro for 5minutes of the Floyd in rehersals.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

you think that what you are doing is enough, so screw that :shock:
I feel sorry for you
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

So what can I do Sir Bob ? The greed of man is beyond my problem solving skills .....
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Cant wait to see the kaiser Chiefs perform. Also yay for Neil Young and Placebo.....all this stuff was omitted from tv here.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I saw an interesting idea posted on another forum, DVD EPs! Basically a whole bunch of individual DVDs of each bands set in full with extras if possible and the same short African appeal film on each disc, of course if you wanted the full thing it would get pricey tho but Im sure we all have our moments where we'll be hitting the skip button on a complete set??