Other (Please name)
11%

Total votes: 18

Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Favorite Live Album

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

What's your favorite live album (Floyd or otherwise)?

For me, it's a toss-up between ITF and ITAOT?.

On the one hand, I love ITAOT, and I think it's an incredible production, especially considering its age. However, the sound quality is not top-notch (As expected). If you blast the album, you'll hear that dreadful hum. All in all, though, it's incredibly done, and I prefer some of the songs on this album to the studio versions. In my opinion, The Wall Tour of 1980-81 was the final Pink Floyd tour, and I'm glad there is an official release that commemorates it.

On the other hand, I love Roger's ITF. The sound quality is remarkable for a live recording, and the set-list is nearly perfect. I know I'm nit picking, but I would have enjoyed something from Radio KAOS. However, anything off KAOS probably would have felt out of place, although TPTB may have done the trick. After all, Roger did play TPTB on his '99 tour. The band is amazing, especially DB II, SW, AFL, and JC. All in all, I feel this is a great live album.

I'm going to sit on my vote for the time being...
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

The best Pink Floyd live album is probably ITAOT. The best non Pink Floyd live album is IMHO The Who Live At Leeds, which would get my vote as the all-time best live album.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Without question ITAOT- reminds me of happier times :)

Non Floyd is a tough call but after further review:

Neil Young and Crazy Horse 'Live Rust' I never get sick of that one
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Ive been looking around kazaa and i found an album (bootleg i presume) called "pink floyd plays the animals" and Animals being my favourite album of all time i checked it out and i honestly think that it is the best live album. No disrespect to any other live album like ITAOT (is there anybody out there) ect... but i just love animals.

-MIKEWATERS-