If...

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:Oh my god, you know the drummer from shed 7, cool. they did that song it's getting better didn't they? You know gthe one,

"it's getting better all the time, i spread my wings and i can fly, i'll fly to you! You are the one i'm missing..."

Come on, everyone has to remember that un.

Yeah, that's them!! That is Getting Better. Disco down and On Standby are another couple of good songs. :)

We haven't met the drummer yet but we know their manager. He got us on at the Ellesmere Port festival a few months ago and is letting us play with Shed 7 when he has let the band listen to our demo CD. He saw us play at a gig at "Widstock" and liked us!! Weh hey!! :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

so is it likely that your band is going to have much of a future?

And what instrument do you play? And what are your band's influances. I don't have a band or nothing but i know people that have and they were always VERY unsuccesful
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:so is it likely that your band is going to have much of a future?

And what instrument do you play? And what are your band's influances. I don't have a band or nothing but i know people that have and they were always VERY unsuccesful
My band will be bigger than god. :lol:

We are influenced by The Beatles, The Stones, The Who... basically any band that starts with The!! We are actually called The Blue Monkey's but Blue Monkey is enough for me! :lol:
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

And what instrument do you play?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:And what instrument do you play?
Oops... I play drums in the band. I play piano and guitars too.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Cool, i play sod all

'ere, we're both browsing through the room at the same time, any way you could get it so anyone browsing can make contact with another borwer? Like a messenger thing kind of
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:any way you could get it so anyone browsing can make contact with another borwer? Like a messenger thing kind of
I used to have a live chat room on the site but nobody ever visited it at the same time so it was a bit of a failure!! I will perhaps add a new one and have a weekly chat at, say, 8pm on Sundays is there is nothing good on the TV!!
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

But everyone here uses different clocks, half the forum users are in America.

That of course being the wonders of the web, people from different countries can be united by their love for a band and post stuff for people from anywhere to look at.

But yeah, people would go by different times, and definitly never 8, eastenders is on at that time and no uk people 9me and i'm sure you to included) would be wanting to go online.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:and definitly never 8, eastenders is on at that time and no uk people 9me and i'm sure you to included) would be wanting to go online.
Eastenders is depressing! :lol:

At 9pm, it would be 4pm central america and I suppose a little late in central and eastern europe. We will have a poll about it when I put the live chat room up. :)
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

well ahng on, it says if anyone else is browsing at the time towards the top of the page eh? So is there away you could make it so you can click on that and start a conversation box?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:well ahng on, it says if anyone else is browsing at the time towards the top of the page eh? So is there away you could make it so you can click on that and start a conversation box?
You could private message them like an email but not live chat.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

'ere keith, i'm going off line now, but check the general discussion page, there's been a reply to the Lithum thread, take a read, i found it highly amusing. Tomorrow i'll post a reply or something, but check it out in the meantime.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:'ere keith, i'm going off line now, but check the general discussion page, there's been a reply to the Lithum thread, take a read, i found it highly amusing. Tomorrow i'll post a reply or something, but check it out in the meantime.
That thread was delated just because of the subject content... a certain type of breeding. I find that amusing and I love the League Of Gentlemen but moderation please. :lol:

You posted the reply didn't you? The originating IP address for the "guest" was the same as yours. :lol:
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

i know who it was then.

My brother has access to the computer and some of my friends have my email adress and password (don't ask why, i'm 16 so that makes me stupid) so it's got to be my brother or one of my friends. Thankfull my brother likes Pink Floyd and also hates Lithum so it's probably not him, but i'm going to investigate in to it.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Wait a second, it just occured to me.

I logged out of the forum cause i needed to use the toilet, but i never closed the site because i was going to go back on afterwards and i would only be a few minutes.

My brother (who likes Pink Floyd, but thinks i over rate them) was in the room reading a magazine, i thought nothing of it. I came back 5 minutes later or something and it was the same log in screen so i presumed he hadn't done anything.

That explains it. And incase you don't beleive me people and think i've got a multiple personality disorder thingy, then add him to your msn list and talk away to him.

Name- Andrew Graham Smith

Email adress- [email protected]

and yes, i have mentioned him before if you look back upon old items, so it will have been him and when he gets back home i'm going to talk to him about it and shake him by the hand for calling me an immature prat among other things and making me actually beleive another scotsman liked Pink Floyd.

But yeah, he often helps me in writing some responses by chipping in (e.g the top 10 problems with David Gilmour thing) although all the extensively good writing is done by me. We are going to go down to Lithum with our digital camera in the new year to shoot a spoof documentry on a certain kind of people and a certain kind of breeding.

Our friend down there actually owns the local shop, bloody hilarious, my first words to him were "what's all the shouting, we'll have no trouble here" which he didn't understad, but then again, who cares. I swear as i was leaving he whispered "you're my wife now."

(Any American readers, slag, you don't know what i'm talking about and your best comedy is frasier while we have ALL the best comedy shows.)

But yeah it was my brother, i dunno, maybe i'll let him put up another post on here or something but next time i leave for the kazi i'll log out so he doesn't get on to badmouth me to people i've never met. Git.

Now this is a Pink Floyd room so i'll put in a question for Syd (was that the original topic?) Ahem, did you know there's a stalker video off you available.