If...

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

kjnpf wrote:A rainbow does not physically exist as one finite thing. When the light photons travel through water droplets, the white light is separated like those prisms do. If you move to a different position then there are new photons you see and not the old ones that another person sees at the same time. :)

If we were to stand around a physical object like a car and see it from different angles we would see the same car. That exists and does not change. The rainbow changes because we are seeing a different set of photons depending on our position to the sun and the rain droplets in the air. :)

But, it seems to me that you could say that the seperated photons that comprise the rainbow could be gathered into a "set" and therefore be considered an "object" which is being viewed. If you are viewing another set of photons that comprise the same rainbow, you are then simply viewing another part of a whole. If you follow me.

The photons have been seperated from the white light, yes...but now they have become something else which can then still be grouped into a set and considered an object unto itself.

The word "change" implies, to me, transformation. A re-arranging of the constituent parts. The white light changed when it got seperated into the rainbow...as long as you are still seeing a rainbow (no matter from what angle) then the rainbow itself has not changed. You are simply seeing another part of it because you are looking at it from a different angle. The rainbow itself has done nothing. Just because you have changed your position does not mean that the rainbow has re-arranged itself to give you something different to see.

Do you follow me?

You know...this could be so much more intense in a live chat situation:)
kaya
Axe
Axe

Post by kaya »

some interesting talks you've got there....... :lol:

i think it's very interesting thing this thin line between normal and not normal. i mean really, who can tell what's normal and what's not???!!!
that's very interesting though, if you think about it.... it's something like the thing morrison did. where's the line and what exactly is real and what exactly is a dream????? :D

don't you agree??
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

And what exactly is a joke? :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: