DOWNLOAD - "Three Men In A Boat" DVD

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

DOWNLOAD - "Three Men In A Boat" DVD

Post by Keith Jordan »

The BBC broadcast the first 60 minutes of a 2 part comedy called "Three Men In A Boat" on BBC2 yesterday (more info). This clip shows David Gilmour in his beautiful "Astoria" House Boat/ Recording Studio where the bulk of the last two Pink Floyd albums were recorded.

Thanks to Simpledumbpilot for sharing this.

You will be downloading DVD VOB files which you can watch on your computer with the approproate software or burn to a DVD to watch on your TV.

If you require any assistance, pelase ask on this thread.

Simple Download Instructions

1- If you dont yet have it, download and install the Bit Torrent client program from here. There are both PC and MAC versions available. Most people have a PC! This software is used to allow you to download the files to your computer from our "network".

2 - register to use the torrent tracker http://www.thepinkfloyd.co.uk and then go to the page below and download the torrent.

http://www.thepinkfloyd.co.uk/torrents- ... php?id=229

3 - When the download completes, please leave your "download window" open until you have uploaded at least as much as you have downloaded. Do not open or move the downloaded files until step 3 is complete.

Help?

There is a comprehensive tutorial I wrote available here.....

http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... php?t=8695

More Downloads....

There are more torrents below. Make sure at least 1 person is "seeding" the one you choose before starting your download.

http://torrent.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk
Last edited by Keith Jordan on Wed May 24, 2006 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Post by Any Colour »

I thought the show was quite funny, espescially when two of them stayed in the Bulls and got shit faced (which I have done in the very same pub). Gilmour was very polite and informative, a decent bloke. And what a fucking boat. They should of done one with him Mason and Wright and called it 3 Floyds on a boat.
The Gil
Blade
Blade

Post by The Gil »

I saw it too. It was very funny!

David's boathouse is stunning!!!!
nova74
Axe
Axe

Post by nova74 »

Is the DVD NTSC?
...I hope!
Thanks,
Ryan
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

Does anyone know how I can watch the whole program again? I missed it due to unforseen circumstances (alcohol related...)
stranger at home
Axe
Axe

Post by stranger at home »

Awesome upload! Thanks for sharing this with people around the world that wouldn't otherwise be able to see it! Can't wait to check it out and will seed it for as long as possible!
9flowing
Knife
Knife

Post by 9flowing »

Don't know if anyone's interested but my ip blocker is currently blocking connection attempts by SO-NET Services (Sony) whilst I'm seeding this. Don't be intimidated folks...just use an ip blocker :) .
DoctorFloyd wrote:Does anyone know how I can watch the whole program again? I missed it due to unforseen circumstances (alcohol related...)
:lol: :lol: Me too :lol: :lol: Thank goodness for Keith and simpledumbpilot :D :D
Flozzie
Axe
Axe

Post by Flozzie »

Upload?

What and why do you upload?

Yep,I'm a newbie @ Torrenting.
closer
Axe
Axe

Post by closer »

Torrent doesnt work for me. If there is any Http download, plz post that.
Thanks.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Torrent is a file sharing system. The files you are downloading are split up into hundreds of pieces. Your torrent software connects to this websites server and asks it to give you the IP address of people who have the piece of the file you need. You then download it from them. Therefore, for this to work, you also upload pieces of the download you have to other people downloading the torrent. Hope this helps.

I will not be making this available as a HTTP download as it is 170MB and bandwidth is expensive. This site gets about 6000 people visiting it per day so that is why I use torrent for these large downloads. Torrenting is easier to do anyway rather than downloading the files manuall yourself!!
BBM9999
Embryo
Embryo

Three Men In A Boat Part 2?

Post by BBM9999 »

Hello,
Will Part II be available for sharing? Thanks for Part I and everything else!
Scott
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Three Men In A Boat Part 2?

Post by simpledumbpilot »

BBM9999 wrote:Hello,
Will Part II be available for sharing? Thanks for Part I and everything else!
Scott
Gilmour didnt appear in part 2 unfortunately. The programme was in 2 1-hour parts but Gilmour only appeared for the 5 minutes available here which took place about 15 minutes into the first part of the programme.
phlaure
Embryo
Embryo

3 men in a boat

Post by phlaure »

How do I get the uploads going? So far I have 131Mib downloaded (a) but only 20.2 MiB uploaded (b).
If I have to wait until b=a, this will take a very long time!!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I ask that you let your uploads equal the downloads but, if people are not downloading from you, you might as well just close the torrent and watch the video! 8)
phlaure
Embryo
Embryo

Post by phlaure »

Thanks for that; I was setting the alarm clock for tomorrow, next year! but now I only have to wait 2 more hours. I hate being in a little village in the middle of France.
Pas de tout.
:lol: