Vault material?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Vault material?

Post by crofloyd »

About 8 years ago The Beatles released their Anthology 1,2,3. I bought them all and even got the video (btw, it's indeed the BEST documentary about any rock group i've ever seen). It would be GREAT that Pink Floyd do the same thing but in their unique way and style. You know, to see (and hear) rare Syd era material, or perhaps live recordings from 14 hours Tehnicolor Dream, Pompeii, rare takes or a jam that PF did with Syd while recording WYWH (I would kill for that, if it exists...). And again the Divison Bell tour rare recordings...
Could it be done?
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

There is certainly enough material in the vaults for a pretty good rarities collection. Just imagine being able to walk into a record store and buy remastered versions of "Vegetable Man", "Scream Thy Last Scream", "In The Beechwoods", "Seabirds", "What Shall We Do Now", the BBC sessions, some of the HOUSEHOLD OBJECTS sessions.
There is certainly plenty of interest in some sort of Pink Floyd anthology, and everyone would be a winner. The band would get more royalties, the fans would be able to legally obtain some of the bands best songs, and they'd put a pretty big dent in the bootleg market. It probably won't happen, at least not for a while.
summer68
Axe
Axe

Re: Vault material?

Post by summer68 »

crofloyd wrote:a jam that PF did with Syd while recording WYWH (I would kill for that, if it exists...)
Could it be done?
that doesn't exist. syd was just walking around the studio while they were recording and it took the members of pink floyd a while to recognize who he was.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Also,music from the fim The Commitee would be good to hear.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

dgsyd1 wrote:some of the HOUSEHOLD OBJECTS sessions.
Now that'd be cool.