View Album Booklet Artwork here!!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

View Album Booklet Artwork here!!

Post by Keith Jordan »

Lovely stuff!! :-)

Easiest page to navigate is....

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/news/?y=06&id=0207

And it is in the gallery as well with a couple of extra images.....

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/galle ... ookletArt/
Last edited by Keith Jordan on Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Okay...I understand that Polly wrote the lyrics because that's never been Gilmour's strong suit.

I also understand that the majority of the lyrics are likely to be about their relationship with each other...that's understandable.

But for her to appear in the booklet?

Seems weird to me. It's like he's making her part of the band or something.

Maybe THAT'S why Gilmour is kissing PF goodbye. Polly won't be able to write lyrics anymore if Roger's back on board.

And if Polly can't write the lyrics...Gilmour doesn't get any...peace, lol.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think it is beautiful he is working with the woman he loves. The Pink Floyd is no longer important to him. Music is!! 8)

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/image ... %2B1-9.jpg
Zoophobia
Axe
Axe

Post by Zoophobia »

Keith Jordan wrote:I think it is beautiful he is working with the woman he loves. The Pink Floyd is no longer important to him. Music is!! 8)

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/image ... %2B1-9.jpg
I couldn't have said it better myself, Keith. Thanks for sharing this press kit!! Beautiful. I posted this on Col's site but I wanted to share here to. When I hear On A Island It brings up thoughts of a romantic vacation out late in a desolate area/beach/town looking around swinging on swings as adults. Having fun like you did as a child. Truly enjoying the moment/person your in love with. Laying on the beach counting stars. Laughing exploring a old church. Staying up all night. It seems Polly and David are living there lives to the fullest.
Last edited by Zoophobia on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

seems like album should have been named "Gilmour/Samson ON an Island" nice and sweet but it leaves a little bit of bad taste...
AFTER READING LYRICS, I HOPE HE PLAYS ALOT OF FLOYD BECOUSE I DONT LIKE IT... THE BLUE? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SHIT?
LYRICS ARE ABSOULUTLY HORRIBLE. :cry:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Lets not be too negative about it, Jedi! It sounds beautiful and looks great!! 8)
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

jedi with crazy diamonds wrote:seems like album should have been named "Gilmour/Samson ON an Island" nice and sweet but it leaves a little bit of bad taste...
AFTER READING LYRICS, I HOPE HE PLAYS ALOT OF FLOYD BECOUSE I DONT LIKE IT... THE BLUE? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SHIT?
LYRICS ARE ABSOULUTLY HORRIBLE. :cry:
Well, I'm already loving the title track so if the rest of the album is like that I'm loving it! 8)
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

Keith Jordan wrote:Lets not be too negative about it, Jedi! It sounds beautiful and looks great!! 8)
I love island, smile its great but i just hope the music makes it better. that blue "thing" dare call it song, the lyrics seem "wishywashy" i just hope the whole cd isnt a declaration of the love they have for each other, again very sweet but still... i cant listen enough to smile, and island jam.
on an island is ok but the lryics just again seem too lovey dovey for my taste. i hope the cd is more then just love lyrics.
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

jedi with crazy diamonds wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:Lets not be too negative about it, Jedi! It sounds beautiful and looks great!! 8)
I love island, smile its great but i just hope the music makes it better. that blue "thing" dare call it song, the lyrics seem "wishywashy" i just hope the whole cd isnt a declaration of the love they have for each other, agian very sweet but still... i cant listen enough to smile, and island jam.
on an island is ok but the lryics just again seem to lovey dovey for my taste. i hope the cd is more then just love lyrics.
Hopefully there'll be something about an albatross? :lol:
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

Narek wrote:
jedi with crazy diamonds wrote: I love island, smile its great but i just hope the music makes it better. that blue "thing" dare call it song, the lyrics seem "wishywashy" i just hope the whole cd isnt a declaration of the love they have for each other, agian very sweet but still... i cant listen enough to smile, and island jam.
on an island is ok but the lryics just again seem to lovey dovey for my taste. i hope the cd is more then just love lyrics.
Hopefully there'll be something about an albatross? :lol:
thats what it needs :D
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Booklet looks great.
I gotta admit that i whas at first a litlle dissapointed with cover art,
but now when i see a larger picture of this album artwork, i understand what its all about. It's very poetic, and i could say mellow...but in a positive sence.
And of course that Polly is in the booklet. She wrote the lyrics.
She's Dave's muse. And thats his album.
I like it also becouse it doesent look too "digital" if you know what i mean.
And it's very eco...just like pulse.

Thank you Keeth for posting this here. Yer an ace!
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

the front cover is, imho, a little too gay.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Damn!t wrote:Booklet looks great.
I gotta admit that i whas at first a litlle dissapointed with cover art,
but now when i see a larger picture of this album artwork, i understand what its all about. It's very poetic, and i could say mellow...but in a positive sence.
Exactly my first reaction. When I first saw the front cover, I wasn't sure what to think of it, but together with this it works very well, imo. It's quite original I think. It doesn't remind me of any other album artwork, right now, only the cover for MORE... must be the windmills and the colour orange. :)

And to those who feel the need to complain about the peace and the love and the reconcilliation it radiates: you are talking about a 60 year old man, geezzzz.... you should be happy for him that he's in a good place, is in peace with himself and his life and is in love with a beautiful woman.
donholme
Axe
Axe

Post by donholme »

Lets just wait for the music... lyrics can be seen in different ways depending on the mood and arrangement of the music...

I think it looks allright.....
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It is very human and earthy I think. Natural. None of this digital three dimensional stuff found on trashy albums!! 8)

I think this artwork is as good as any of Pink Floyds! 8)