Roger's Summer Tour - Full Itinerary

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
tibo
Embryo
Embryo

A New tour date in France!!!!

Post by tibo »

Hello,
For your information
Roger Waters is gonna play The Darkside of the moon with Nick Mason in France the 14th of July
Check this out on http://www.rogerwaters2006.com
And watch the 27th March press conference in direct
cheers!!!!
tibo
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: A New tour date in France!!!!

Post by Yucateco »

tibo wrote:Roger Waters is gonna play The Darkside of the moon with Nick Mason in France the 14th of July
lol, if that is true, then it seems the Floyd have split up again, this time with 2 members of floyd in each band playing together. hilarious. :lol: :lol:
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Any ideas as to what songs will be played on Mr. Water's tour? I realize that some stuff will most likely be new material, but I am rather hoping for at least some stuff from the Final Cut. I mean, The Final Cut was never performed live...decently, and I really hope that Waters would consent to at least doing the Final Cut and the Gunner's Dream, if nothing else. Anyways, any information on what he will be playing would really be appreciated, as this will probably be the only "concert" I ever attend, sadly, as I was way too young, if not even born yet for everything else (except his 2000 tours, which I never knew about :cry: ....)
rot66
Axe
Axe

Post by rot66 »

nemesis11f wrote:Any ideas as to what songs will be played on Mr. Water's tour? I realize that some stuff will most likely be new material,
A bit from the information that was supplied at the Norwegian Wood web page:

The eagerly-awaited Roger Waters concert tour will combine an evening's worth of music, comprised of two sets plus encores, with state-of-the-art staging, lighting and sound.

Set One will be a newly-shaped version of Waters' highly-successful "In The Flesh" repertoire providing a comprehensive overview of Waters' music including early Pink Floyd material; classic compositions from the masterpiece "The Wall"; beloved pieces from "Animals," "Wish You Were Here," and "The Final Cut"; and songs from Waters' solo tours de force: "Amused To Death" and "The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking."

Set Two will consist of Roger Waters and full band performing "The Dark Side Of The Moon," one of the defining works of rock music history , from start-to-finish.

The Roger Waters concerts will utilize elaborate large-scale video projections, theatrical staging, and a dazzling array of special effects to underscore and accentuate the power of the music which is delivered via a state-of-the-art 360? quadraphonic sound system immersing the audience in a 3-dimensional hyperworld.

Tor
nilskt
Embryo
Embryo

Post by nilskt »

Today I got my two tickets for the show in Oslo!

The tickets were sold out in 18 minutes!

I am really looking forward for the show!

-Nils, Sandefjord, NO
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Mother of god, THANK YOU. I pray to God that he comes to the U.S. with THAT tour, drop me a line if anyone releases possible U.S. tour info. so I can snag some tickets, thanks.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Great to see he's keeping the AtD stuff. Bravery Of Being Out Of Range and Perfect Sense... made to play live, I say.
I kind of wish he'd bring some KAOS songs out of the dustbin. Radio Waves, The Tide Is Turning, The Powers That Be... maybe kidnap Paul Carrack and force him to sing "Tempted"... yeah.
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

He better come to the USA with this tour. Otherwise Demolition Man will be angry. And you don't want to see Demolition Man angry. Trust me. Its not pretty.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Im with you, Demo Man, he'd better come here. Perhaps you could email him your last posting, that ought to convince him :o .
henno

Post by henno »

neil young as well....!!!???
i'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I didn't see anything about Roger Waters in that newpaper-scan, just that lady on the left *drools*.
vickyc007
Axe
Axe

Post by vickyc007 »

So we have Pink (Dave and Rick) and Floyd (Roger and Nick) both now going on tour this year. It's virtually the 80's all over again!
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

I'm thinking about going to Berlin.....just priced flight ?35 return :lol:

Tickets about ?50...i'll have to see my mate and make my mind up very quickly as i think the tickets are selling fast
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Tickets for Cork ain't on sale yet :(
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

vickyc007 wrote:So we have Pink (Dave and Rick) and Floyd (Roger and Nick) both now going on tour this year. It's virtually the 80's all over again!
I'm wondering when "The" (Syd) and "Sound" (Bob Klose) will go on tour. Then you'd have the biggest group of band-fragments ever!