50% of PF is touring: Rick's in!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
CHR15
Axe
Axe

Post by CHR15 »

mosespa wrote:I've been saying this for a little while now...Jon Carin and Guy Pratt have been members of Pink Floyd for longer than Roger Waters was when he left the band.

Doesn't mean you gotta like it, but you can't deny it. Jon Carin and Guy Pratt have been in Pink Floyd since 1987.

That's now nineteen years ago.

Roger Waters was in Pink Floyd from 1967 to 1985.

Sorry, guys...that's only eighteen years.
Only if you excepot that as being real pink floyd, i think it's just the name. And isn't Roger back in now?, i couldn't see them ever doing another album under the name again without him, not with their relationshops being somewhat repaired now.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

mosespa wrote: WHAT IF by asking Rick to come along, Gilmour is testing the waters (pun not intended) to see what the response to a "scaled down Pink Floyd show in smaller venues is," so that they CAN do a reunion tour with Waters, avoid stadiums and satisfy everyone?
I like that last WHAT IF, it makes me drool.

A four man floyd, in a small venue, reinventing themselves while playing Cymbaline. I would kill for a ticket...
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

I do hope Richard gets to do "Holiday" from Wet Dream as it my favorite solo song of his...doubt it though as this is Dave's tour.

I have tried to write Richard several times with no response sadly...

If someone could forward this to I would truly appreciate it. I know it comes off a bit fan boyish...but what can I say?

I'm a boy (well, man) and I'm a fan!

Dear Richard-

As a longtime fan of yours I just wanted to write and thank you for all the wonderful and legendary music that you have given to the entire world. As a keyboard player, you have always been my favorite member of Pink Floyd and my all time favorite keyboard players. I was VERY fortunate to have been able to see you several times in concert. The Animals tour in 1977 and The Wall tour in 1980. Although those were not the happiest of times for the band you were still able to give some of the greatest shows that have ever been performed. Your brilliant solo release, ? Wet Dream? is my favorite record and in constant rotation in my CD player. I have turned so many people on to this record Rick that there may be a royalty issue of some sorts : ). They all say the same thing , ? Brilliant , great , fantastic etc?.. I believe it is currently out of print but you should really try to rectify that. On the Pink Floyd boards everyone requests it all the time. I was wondering if I might ask you for an autographed picture or even napkin for that matter! I have a wall at home in my piano room with some pictures of my personal favorites. I would truly be honored if you could and would put yours in the center where it most certainly belongs. I do not know your signature policy and I respect any decision that you make , but it would mean a great deal to me if you could. ? Great Gig In The Sky ? and ? Holiday? will be played at my funeral, that is how important your work has been to me. Thanks for taking time out for my letter and for your considerations.

Best Regards,

Matt Parish
25 Feldland Street
Bohemia, NY 11716

( Fan since 1971 )
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

DICK's IN!!! (:lol:)
:D :D :D :D
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Damn!t wrote:DICK's IN!!! (:lol:)
:D :D :D :D
Ooooohhh exciting, you naughty boy... ;)

But really, I think it's rather exciting that Dick's coming along with Dave! This tour is getting better by the minute. And it hasn't even started yet...
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

CHR15 wrote: ... And isn't Roger back in now?, i couldn't see them ever doing another album under the name again without him, not with their relationshops being somewhat repaired now.
he is still not a band member, look at http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk:

"PINK FLOYD AND ROGER WATERS CATEGORICALLY DENY RUMOURS OF A PINK FLOYD TOUR.

Pink Floyd?s David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright are joined by Roger Waters in categorically stating that there is no truth in the recent news reports about a Pink Floyd tour planned for this Autumn."
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

David is just looking for recognition for his own writer capabilities. When these are satisfied, the way is open again to tour as Pink Floyd, maybe with Roger and playing together PF and Solo-stuff.
kriss
Axe
Axe

when the music is over ?

Post by kriss »

i totally love pink floyd but roger playing hyde park on his own and dave touring with rick seems pointless if they want to forge ahead without any floyd baggage.

Maybe Nick and Syd can do a cookery programe together?!!

Just reform guys, properly and play to the people that love you!

thanks

chris
quaderni
Axe
Axe

Post by quaderni »

mosespa wrote:Here's an idea...just speculation and conjecture, mind you...but, let's play a game of WHAT IF?

Gilmour has said that his 1984 solo bid was to see if he could "make it" without PF. Apparently he couldn't.

WHAT IF AMLOR and TDB were bids to get his name out front so that he COULD "make it" without PF?

WHAT IF by asking Rick to come along, Gilmour is testing the waters (pun not intended) to see what the response to a "scaled down Pink Floyd show in smaller venues is," so that they CAN do a reunion tour with Waters, avoid stadiums and satisfy everyone?
I kinda agree. I'd play the odds and bet for a limited reunion tour in the next year (2007). I think it'll be an intimate venue, one that they can still bring out all the pyrotechnics and stuff, but capture it all on film. Maybe a week's worth of performanceds. I'd say full performances of _Dark Side_ and _Wish You Were Here_, plus highlights from _Meddle_ and _The Wall_, maybe some _Animals_. All proceeds will go to charity.

Remember the Cream reunion? Waters was interviewed in Rolling Stone about that and he was entirely gushing about the experience.

Apropos, I think it's marvellous that Wright and Gilmour are playing together. Rick, please bring out your old Wurlitzer 200A piano!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Of course DB and AMLoR were about setting the stage for a future solo career...

Live8 was a boost for Gilmour And Waters to gain some attention/publicity for their own shows/albums...no reunion...just some good old friendly competition for sporting old chaps...I think they really are competitive with each other!
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Does it seem strange that Nick Mason has booked a room at the venue where Dave is playing his last night :D . Maybe we could see a 3-man floyd experience and maybe a 4th member sneaking in :D.
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

jambo wrote:Does it seem strange that Nick Mason has booked a room at the venue where Dave is playing his last night :D . Maybe we could see a 3-man floyd experience and maybe a 4th member sneaking in :D.
No, I think it'll be kind of obvious when the security guard sees this guy sneaking in with a bass and an amp:

jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I was thinking more:

Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

jambo wrote:I was thinking more:

A mix between Frank Zappa and the monopoly guy...I like it.

Or a little more intellectual?

Last edited by Narek on Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
RAWS
Blade
Blade

Post by RAWS »

That made my night, Im going to bed.

I am Amusedtideath