A Place to Share The Floyd OnLine.....

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
GrymRpr
Axe
Axe

Post by GrymRpr »

HI,
Being New (well...a Few Months) And No Post's I thought it was time to Say Hi To Everyone and a Big Thanks To Keith for the site and to offer up an Idea That would help to share Floyd.

Now I've used a P2P Called *Direct connect* <--link removed. It's dead anyway --> for ohhh 2 years Now and having just joined the thought hits me.."Why not a way to better share the Floyds rare stuff?"

A LiL About Direct Connect,
Its a True P2P Setup (Kinda like IrC) But Almost Everyone share's(A Few Cheaters) And here's how it works in a nutshell...

Would need Some one to Run a "Hub" A Hub is Basicly a chat room and can be set from anywhere from 2 people to 1500+ People (Depends on the Hub Owner's BandStream) And is Pretty simple to set up..Can also be made Private (Pass Protected) And Set to A Minmum Total File Share (Like 500 Megs) Also Hub Owner would pick "OPs" Who would help run the hub and remove any trouble maker's a Bot dont get...

People Then would Join the hub using The Direct Connect Client,,Be able to search everyone's share for whatever Roio's Vid's and such ;-]

Now DC (Direct Connect) Is Quite Large and there are hub's up and Running with 700-800 People in them each! And TerraByte's Up for Share.

I was a "OP" for a group called E.V.I.L. Networks(7 Hub's Link'd at one point Own Fourm's) for almost 2 years(Till they broke up) And would be more than happy To Help Set up A Hub/Answer Questions.

Grym
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I like the idea but who would be a reliable hub with their computer on 24/7?
GrymRpr
Axe
Axe

Well..

Post by GrymRpr »

Thats one of the reason's i posted...to see if someone would be interested.

A Cable connection..and an old box would even work..(Heh Have heard of people running hubs on p166 Box's) LoL

And for the Hub Owner the bandwith to run a small hub is small(Really Just Main Chat and File Search Request's).

So A Dusty Old Box With a lan card and some memory should be able to pull it off.

Anyone Interested??

I'd Be able to Run one But Not Till Jan/Feb Of 2004! (Gotta love Tax Time..lol)

Grym
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Well..

Post by Keith Jordan »

GrymRpr wrote:Thats one of the reason's i posted...to see if someone would be interested.

A Cable connection..and an old box would even work..(Heh Have heard of people running hubs on p166 Box's) LoL

And for the Hub Owner the bandwith to run a small hub is small(Really Just Main Chat and File Search Request's).

So A Dusty Old Box With a lan card and some memory should be able to pull it off.

Anyone Interested??

I'd Be able to Run one But Not Till Jan/Feb Of 2004! (Gotta love Tax Time..lol)

Grym
It I had a ADSL modem with RJ5 input/output, I could use a router and leave an onld computer on 24/7 without a monitor on so it would use hardly any power i imagine if the processor was pretty idle. Unfortunately, I have a USB ADSL modem so would have to leave my primary computer on.
GrymRpr
Axe
Axe

Post by GrymRpr »

Maybe Someone else in the FLoyd Comm. Will Take up the Task.

And If Not....
I Still Plan On Being a Part of your Great Site in 2004 Keith and setting up one on a old Box Would be an Honour

Grym
pfco

Post by pfco »

There already is a great Pink Floyd hub available for folks. It has everything you can imagine, old, new, video, pics, etc. etc.

Check out <---link deleted -->

Sandy
GrymRpr
Axe
Axe

Huh

Post by GrymRpr »

Welp..Went there and I do see where you can register a hub but nothing about any hubs that are running..

Unless you have to be registered to see that info...

Grym
pfco

Post by pfco »

Okay, try this one:

<--dead link removed -->

Go there...then click on "register-hub"

It will take 24 to 48 hours for you to be set up. Be sure to follow the rules there because they enforce them.

Sandy
SaintCrest
Axe
Axe

Post by SaintCrest »

i would download DC again for that... but if you make a space limit to get in... needless to say... one of these days i will cut you into little pieces... oh yes i will mwuahahahaha..... i want pie
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

That orangemaze site gives my browser javascript errors each time I visit it and mouse-over any link. Anyone else have that problem?
GrymRpr
Axe
Axe

Hmmmm

Post by GrymRpr »

Well....How About This...

I Could run a hub on the weekend's....If There's a Demand for it.

Grym
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Re:

Post by Wolfpack »

pfco wrote:There already is a great Pink Floyd hub available for folks. It has everything you can imagine, old, new, video, pics, etc. etc.

Check out <--virusey link removed -->
I got a virus warning. :shock:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Place to Share The Floyd OnLine.....

Post by snifferdog »

Must be a vintage virus at this stage :lol:

Seeing as this is an ancient thread that has been bumped and it's discussing subject matter that's against the site charter these days, I'm going to lock this now.