BBC Seek Help on Pink Floyd Footage

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

BBC Seek Help on Pink Floyd Footage

Post by Keith Jordan »

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/news/?y=06&id=0322

The BBC are making a major series on Rock Music and one of the bands they are featuring are, of course, Pink Floyd! They are looking for footage after Dark Side of the Moon between 1973 and 1977 when their stage shows became much bigger. They are interested in Pink Floyd's screens, lights, inflatables etc.

They can get film of the Syd era, Pompeii and bits from the Brighton Dome 1972 but nothing really until The Wall Shows.

If you have any decent quality video footage that you think they could use (doesn't have to be full performance, doesn't necessarily need audio either as dub track can be used... just useable clips of a decent quality) then please get in touch with Tony Higgins at the BBC. Details below.

The deadline for submissions is end of June 2006 and will be broadcast in 2007.

Feel free to ask any questions and discuss this on the forum.

Contact Details

Tony Higgins - [email protected]
Last edited by Keith Jordan on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

okay keith, here is what i have.

Any Colour You Liike 1973 - excellent footage of a live concert

Careful With That Axe Eugene - Superstars Of Rock - Good Quality

One Of These Days Animated Clip - Very bad Quality

Live In Los Angeles - Poor Quality

Promo Video For Animals with Roger And David Having A ball - Good Quality

Anaheim 1977-very dark poor quality

Time Clip for Live Shows - Good Quality

Welcome To The Machine animated Video From MTV

I cant wait for them to broadcast this. theres gonna be amazing footage of everything by floyd.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

if even the BBC have this problem
can there be any hope?

did they ask Dave about the alleged 1977 European proshot footage?
he couldnt possibly let them broadcast that Vienna Super8 stuff when he's got such gold in his vault
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

THE BBC SHOT THEM PLAYING A DSOTM SET IN 1972! they also filmed them on other occasions, so why don't they trawl the archives themselves instead of relying on us all to look in our attics for bloody film reels.

Good luck to them anyway.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

my breakfast. wrote:THE BBC SHOT THEM PLAYING A DSOTM SET IN 1972! they also filmed them on other occasions, so why don't they trawl the archives themselves instead of relying on us all to look in our attics for bloody film reels.

Because the BBC are fools and from the late 60s through to around 1977 when they set up their own archive they junked a lot of their recordings to make room for new ones, so much great stuff may be lost forever, however, in recent years a lot of programmes and extracts from programmes has been turning up abroad.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
my breakfast. wrote:THE BBC SHOT THEM PLAYING A DSOTM SET IN 1972! they also filmed them on other occasions, so why don't they trawl the archives themselves instead of relying on us all to look in our attics for bloody film reels.

Because the BBC are fools and from the late 60s through to around 1977 when they set up their own archive they junked a lot of their recordings to make room for new ones, so much great stuff may be lost forever, however, in recent years a lot of programmes and extracts from programmes has been turning up abroad.

Thats why lots of the TOTP2 episodes are crammed with 1980s SHIT. I guess...
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Haaaa...they're asking fans for help :o Just give EMI a call...I'm sure they can help them out or even better still give David Gilmour a call :roll:

Just for the record while we're on the topic of BBC recordings of Pink Floyd....many or most of you will be surprised to know that they actually have footage from 1987 Wembley concert....someone let this information go a while ago...not giving their name of course....but I doubt you can find out anymore than this....just believe me when I say they've got it :) 8)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

my breakfast. wrote:Thats why lots of the TOTP2 episodes are crammed with 1980s SHIT. I guess...
Ahh, the ignorance of youth. Where did you get your blinkered view?
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

This is cool, cuz hopefully they will unearth some stuff and it saves fans who dont ahve the same access trying to do it.
ponkine
Blade
Blade

Post by ponkine »

I'm surprised at the rather harsh attitude here :shock:

Come on, the friends from BBC are asking for Pink Floyd stuff !!!!! :!: they want to make a documentary about Pink Floyd and you don't care about it :evil:

All of you complain about all those s*** DVD's, you know, Inside Review and all that. I bet you BBC will make a documentary that will blow all the other fake reviews and rockumentaries away !

All we know about the BBC standards in everything, I mean, Tape recordings, Radio Broadcasts productions, etc. If it weren't for them, we didn't have those gems from most of the bands that all we love (Led Zeppelin, Floyd, Beatles, Queen, Yes, Genesis, etc, etc... all Classic Rock)

They deserve more respect from all of us 8)

How I wish I had stuff, I'd send it immediatly :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Indeed, the BBC put out quality and it is out duty to help them!! Raid your archives for quality footage and offer it up to them!! Perhaps offer them material for something in return! Trade with them from the BBC Archives!! 8) :lol:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

radiowaves wrote:Any Colour You Liike 1973 - excellent footage of a live concert
NO! Thats erronious information.
1) the Audio for the footage comes from Rainbow Thatre 1972
2) The footage is the mystery 1972/1973 'Superstars in concert' stuff, re-hashed and re-editted. I mean, would Roger Waters drink tea and let his bass play itself? eh naw. Also, he's lefthanded in some shots.

Just to clear that up.
The Gnome
Blade
Blade

Post by The Gnome »

my breakfast. wrote:
radiowaves wrote:Any Colour You Liike 1973 - excellent footage of a live concert
NO! Thats erronious information.
1) the Audio for the footage comes from Rainbow Thatre 1972
2) The footage is the mystery 1972/1973 'Superstars in concert' stuff, re-hashed and re-editted. I mean, would Roger Waters drink tea and let his bass play itself? eh naw. Also, he's lefthanded in some shots.

Just to clear that up.
Yes, and Mason playing drums and talking and doing nothing. Magic drums ;) And some shots are shown two times, this is just a mash of clips. But fun thou..
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

See, we really should make our own documentary!
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Re: BBC Seek Help on Pink Floyd Footage

Post by Meneer Jansen »

Keith Jordan wrote: [...] The BBC [...] are looking for footage after Dark Side of the Moon between 1973 and 1977 [from the fans]
Is it April fools yet???