Is Radio Kaos total "Kaos"?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

I prefer "Amused To Death"

I think that is Roger's best solo work.
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

Lurking Fear wrote:Funny about KAOS though, while it's an ok album, it only holds its weight against AMLOR. I think the lawsuits cost both camps in the creative department.
Once they were through that, ATD and TDB both are better albums- less pressures of one-upmanship, I think.
I wholeheartedly agree with that. I like to listen to KAOS. In fact I am now. And I like to listen to AMLOR too. But they are my least favourite albums from any of the PF boys.

As for KAOS, I have been listening to it quite a bit lately to gain a new appreciation, which is due to this thread. What I have found is that to me it is a good record. It feels a bit short though. And boring at times. I was listening to the record, and didn't really even notice that I listened to 'Sunset Strip.' But all in all, if I could write something that good, and wacky, I would be very proud of it! :D
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

It's a little difficult for me to comment on the album since I've never heard it, but the tour is a different story. Excellent! Because the songs are interspersed with Floyd cuts, much of the story line becomes blurred. On the other hand, using Floyd songs punctuates the storyline at very appropriate places during the concerts, i.e. Money, Pigs(3DO), Arnold Layne, etc.
It's also quite important to understand that Roger never, ever created studio music that surpassed his live material (except perhaps DSOTM). So to experience the full impact of Radio Kaos, a fan needs to listen to the RoIO's.

Oh. Looky looky. Someone's running a Kaos torrent in the NPF torrent tracker now.

:lol:
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Radio Kaos is underated but not "very" underated.

PACOH is my favorite Waters' album.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

You know, on an unrelated note I just realized on the recently-found Ontario KAOS master that one of the effects in the transition from Four Minutes to Home is the same "clock" guitar noise used in later versions of Interstellar Overdrive.

I do STRONGLY reccomend this new Ontario show; it is by FAR the best complete KAOS show in history, with a great performance and unbelievable quality. It's certainly EX+, bordering narrowly on SUP.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Tenniru wrote:I do STRONGLY reccomend this new Ontario show; it is by FAR the best complete KAOS show in history, with a great performance and unbelievable quality. It's certainly EX+, bordering narrowly on SUP.
yes, absolutely brilliant show :wink:
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Id really like to hear this Hamilton KAOS
but cant do the torrent thang with my rickety old computer
would anybody care to do a trade or BnP?
maybe someone in the Torontonian region?
see outofdate trade list hyah
Ive acumulated lots of stuff since last updating the list so feel free to ask