Isn't this David vs Roger thing getting a bit old?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Isn't this David vs Roger thing getting a bit old?

Post by FloydNZ »

Who agrees with me?......it's getting to be like a discussion of "what colour is nicer, red or blue"

why can't we all just agree to disagree and enjoy the music?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I haven't seen any recent "Roger Vs. David" postings.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I see it everyday and it is going to stop one way or another. Let's just agree Pink Floyd are less good than they were when Roger was with them as that is my opinion. Let's just leave it there.

I will start deleting posts if it carries on.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

The bass guitar thread is not a David Vs. Roger argument.

The current Floyd thread is not a David Vs. Roger argument. It's more about stating what you consider Pink Floyd to be. Nobody has said Pink Floyd was/is simply David Gilmour or Roger Waters.

I don't see why any recent posts should be deleted. Nobody is putting down any members violenty. People are just expressing and discussing their opinions on certain matters.

It's all just good-spirited fun :D
Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David »

Yeah this whole Forum usually has discussions about Roger VS David or VS the rest and it is like very boring. I like all forms of Pink Floyd, although when Roger was with them it was better. Mainly because there is not Roger vocals and I love hearing him as well as Dave and Rick sing.

You know what would be cool since Dave seems to not want to do anything with PF right now. It would be cool if Roger Rick and Nick made an album. Why not I think it would be great.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Although there's a lot of Roger versus Dave stuff (should have taken my advice and began a seperate thread just for them) it's because the subjects you can mention about pink floyd are limited. Once you've asked about favourite song/ album it will eventually come to favourite era so the argument will eventually start.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David wrote:Yeah this whole Forum usually has discussions about Roger VS David or VS the rest and it is like very boring. I like all forms of Pink Floyd, although when Roger was with them it was better. Mainly because there is not Roger vocals and I love hearing him as well as Dave and Rick sing.

You know what would be cool since Dave seems to not want to do anything with PF right now. It would be cool if Roger Rick and Nick made an album. Why not I think it would be great.
They couldn't call it Pink floyd though without Dave's consent, could they??. My guess is that if Dave ever got wind of that happening he would cut them off at the pass and start up the Pink Floyd machine again.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

They could use another name, of course.

I will not be surprised if Nick Mason plays the drums on at least one track on Roger's next solo album (Similar to how John Lennon got Ringo Starr to play the skins on the Plastic Ono Band album. Just FYI, George Harrison also played quite a bit with John on the Imagine album).